Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would post this info from another board. Good news for four wheelers.

This past weekend volunteers from the Trail Keepers started clearing a new trail that will be unlike any other trail East of the Mississippi. The trail is in a basin created by steam shovel coal mining from 50 years ago. The steam shovel deposited rocks of all shapes and sizes, leaving a landscape common to the West, but rare for this area in North-Eastern Tennessee. Here are some pictures:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1161344&a=12035243&f=0

The trail is still being created. The "Grand Opening" of the trail will occur over Memorial Day Weekend, when The Trail Keepers will be hosting a public ride on this property. Details will be announced soon.

If anyone is interested in helping out, the next work weekend is April 7th and 8th. The Trail Keepers will also be holding a meeting that Saturday evening in Jellico Tennessee, which is near the trail. Contact me at the e-mail below if you are interested.

See you on the trails!

Tim
[email protected]

------------------
Jerry Blair

[This message has been edited by JeepN95YJ (edited 03-13-2001).]

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Good News Indeed! Congratulations!

------------------
CAUTION

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Way to go,I can't wait to see some pics from the grand opening

------------------

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The grand opening will be a large event. Absolutely, pics will be forthcoming.

------------------
Jerry Blair

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Good news for once. Looks like you guys have a real rock crawling trail.

------------------
67 CJ5 stretched to 90", Custom frame, SOA, dakota springs, RR60's, 5.13 ARB's, all cut-up 39.5 TSL's
OK lady's! Take off your panty's, jump up on the bed, and pretend your feet hate each other.:)0

·
savage
1,973 Posts
thats the coolest thing I've seen in weeks. We could only dream of a "new" trail here.

------------------
Save the Planet -Kill Yourself

·
Premium Member
4,526 Posts
hey man this is a change. how hard is the trail gonna be? i cant wait to move to TN. more trails. btw is it public land or private? how is it going to work? Keep up the good work.

------------------
BigRebel (aka.Mike)
1985 Toyota 4 Runner, 22RE, 5 Speed, 4.10 gears, 30x9.50 R15 tires, K&N Filter, Doug Thorley Header, Diff Breathers F&R
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><center><FONT size="4"><FONT COLOR="yellow">Your right, its a Jeep thing, I don't understand</FONT c></FONT s></center></FONT f>

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by TrailRunner:
hey man this is a change. how hard is the trail gonna be? i cant wait to move to TN. more trails. btw is it public land or private? how is it going to work? Keep up the good work.

The trail is very difficult. Should require lockers front & rear or a very good driver. The trail is on private property and the land owner is being extremely helpful and cooperative. If you know of a property that might be owned by a cooperative person/company, you should contact Trail Keepers Foundation. www.trailkeepers.org They have been instrumental in opening this trail and are working diligently on opening more around the country.

------------------
Jerry Blair

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Finally a new trail in the East! Woohoo, isnt Jellico right across the KY border? I know a club in KY that may be interested in helping you guys they run in Livingston and Slade all the time I will send them your email addy so you guys could possibly hook up

Since this is private land what will be the cost to use it (trail passes, etc..) Will it be open to the public or Club runs only? Any info would be a great help, my club is always looking for new places to ride
If we werent 6 hours away we could help. I can talk to the guys at the next meeting and see if anyone is willing to make the trip we want to support as many land issues and openings as possible

------------------
91 YJ-Stay true to the 4 Banger roots! Who needs HP any way!
http://twistedoffroad.homestead.com/home.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts