Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright heres the scoop: i just bought a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 4.7L V8 in it mated to a 5 speed manual tranny. its got 3.55 gears and IFS :rolleyes: im thinking at least 3.93 gears and the K&N cold air intake for starters. along with the standard 4 inches of lift and at least 35" BFG Mud Terrains. the only thing im worried about is the 17" rims. im used to Toyotas with the 15x8 rims and 31x10.50 i was thinking of gettin a set of American Racing 15x10 rims and 35x12.50 BFG Mud Terrains or Baja Claws. the only thing im worried about is the caliper rub associated with dropping 2 inches off the rim. i also will be pulling a camper to Loudon NH in September for the NASCAR race and then a snowmobile trailer up into Vermont to go riding for when the winter sucks around here or if i want to go riding with the boys on fast trails. so i need good torque from the little 4.7 even though i can get it to roast up through second and chirp going into third with the stock tires (245x70x17) i was thinking of making some other engine mods because ive heard of guys getting up to 350hp out of them. that was the goal i was aiming for if i turned my rice burner into a 350ci bogger but the frame was too shot to do that so i bought a full-size and havent regretted it. i havent forgotten about the bogger idea but the Dodge costs too much to beat it so i might wrestle a 350 into a CJ-5 or CJ-7 in the near future. :cool2:

·
Registered
305 Posts
(30.5"/3.55) x (35"/?) = 1.0, ?= 4.07~4.11

Math is our friend. Today's lesson tells us that high gears + big tires = :(

ps. this boards text software stinks

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
and stay off our fawkin trails. its people like you killing people up here. you want fast trails?? go to canada

1 - 5 of 5 Posts