Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a new tundra care to measure and snap some pics of the stock rear driveline ujoints? I'm hoping they are a larger, beefier version of the minitruck stuff.

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
Would have to be newer 07 up body style my 06 look like the same size as the mini's.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
most are 1350 with a toy pattern but its a larger spread and 11 mm holes- Jess
Are they the same magic metal as the oem mini truck joints? I know you've compared the good mini joints to 1350 before and as you know I'm looking for a flanged joint with a little more.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
I know the 60 series joints are larger, but they don't have the angle the mini joints do.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Anyone with a new tundra care to measure and snap some pics of the stock rear driveline ujoints? I'm hoping they are a larger, beefier version of the minitruck stuff.
Are you breaking them often? I've never broken a stock ujoint personally...I hear it happens rarely though.

·
Registered
7,312 Posts
FJ80 fronts are the same as mini truck. FJ80 rears are larger than mini truck and I *think* that they are the same as the FJ60s. Havent done one on a newer tundra but the 05 and newer tacos are spicer shit and I would assume the new tundras are the same.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did on the front of my last 40 with mid 400 hp, 42's and some crazy angles. The rear with cherry angles outlived 2 d60 r&p's, an arb and 3 4340 shafts. New rig is 550 hp, 37-40" tire and more angle.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've got an 07 Tundra with the 5.7 4wd and all the fixins. Its dark here now and below freezing so I'm not inclined to climb under that thing right now. I can snap a cell fone pic and email it if ya want, no star so no pic post. They look BIG if I remember right. pm me

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
All the newer stuff (ie. junk C-channel frame shit) is Spicer. You can actually use a stock yota flange to mate a 1310 joint to a Toyota diff which works well in many Rover and Samurai applications if using domestic driveline parts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts