Pirate 4x4 banner

381 - 400 of 435 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,583 Posts
It is sad that we seem to have lost a resource like Triaged. I looked at his stats and he has not posted in 5 years but has been here as recently as last month. While I won't speak for everyone I hope he and others like him realize how appreciative I am of their work and willingness to share. That being said, here are the 3 versions that I had on file before Verizon decommissioned Sitebuilder 5 days ago.

3_LinkV1.0b.xls

4BarLinkV3.0c.xls

4BarLinkV3.1d.xls

I'll leave them there for as long as I host a website, which has been almost 15 years and counting.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
bump droop function?

Do I need a higher version of excel than 2007 to get the bump/droop buttons to work? Or am I missing an input?

Thanks,
Chan

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I think I got the solver and macros running...still no change on the bump/droop. I'm using 4BarLinkV3.1d.xls in the link Patyooee posted in #383 and changed the "=mess with these cells" #'s (Main, P1). Are you able to get these buttons to work? Did you add a value for travel amount (Main, P7)? Also seems like the bump/droop buttons on the travel (2) tab are not working. A little help please.

·
Premium Member
11,147 Posts
In the 'newest' version available, I rewrote the bump/droop function years ago and added the travel window with the buttons, and in the process changed it to vector math instead of using the solver function. So it shouldn't be required anymore; I did that specifically because I didn't have the solver and was bored at work one day.

Make sure the increment is not set at 0; otherwise I've forgotten more than I once knew about how that whole shit worked.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Do I need a higher version of excel than 2007 to get the bump/droop buttons to work? Or am I missing an input?

Thanks,
Chan
If the bump and droop buttons don't work, the simple work around is to enter a valid "Travel Amount" (+ for bump, - for droop) value in cell P7.

All the buttons do (when they work) is increment/decrement the value in that cell by the "Travel Increment" value in cell P8.

·
Registered
684 Posts
First of all, my thanks to Triaged for this fantastic program!

I'm in the process of stretching my TJ about 5" in the rear and am taking the opportunity to revamp the rear suspension. It's a semi-triangulated 4 link and so far the proposed numbers look pretty decent to me, but I'm always open to constructive criticism.

Of course, assumptions were made for weight and cg height, but I think they're reasonable for a run-of-the-mill Jeep. A few things come to mind that I'd particularly like input on:

• Is 3 degrees roll oversteer enough to be concerned about?
  • I believe 81 degrees of AS is within the range I see many people running so hopefully that's not awful.
  • I'm running about 8" of vertical separation at the axle. Is that enough? I could run more, but my AS increases about 10 degrees.
Thanks for any input!
Tommy

381 - 400 of 435 Posts