Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody seen this before. I was cruising their site and found it.

Warn 9.5si

Click on the 9.5ti link in the center of the page and then look to the left. 9.5si
Travis

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yeah, I've seen em', in action......and then it broke 5 seconds into it's first use. Don't know what exactly caused this to happen, but warn replaced the broken parts, but they wouldn't take any responsibility for the broken winch and it's faulty parts. They said this is a result of not buying their winch mount plate and custom fabbing my own out of 1/4" diamond plate.......right. I am still pissed!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i was told that the mount had to be dead on. they have seen this with others too. i used mine hard for awhile and no problem

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I've got the 9.5ti. I also live about 30 minutes from Warn headquarters in Clackamas, OR. You can bet I'll be bangin' down their door if mine breaks in half like that. I wish I had seen that before I bought it. What BS. I have no choice but to custom mount mine so I'll be extra careful with the hole alignment. Is that the only concern with mounting?
Travis

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The only time I've seen a winch break like that is when the bumper/whatever it was bolted to bent. It's not about getting those holes perfectly lined up - you need to brace the mount. A vertical piece of steel across the back behind the winch would do it.

Paul

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Think Nasvik has it right. Look for some deformation towards the rear of the mounting plate, it may be slight, it wouldnt take much to stress the body of the winch. For it to break that way it would have to be stressed beyond the normal strait pull. A little bend towards the rear of the mount would shorten the distance between the rear mounting points stressing the top of the winch both up and forward causing a break.

·
Registered
562 Posts
t.i vrs s.i

Yicks, that sucks man. stick with the 8274. Theres a reason its been number 1 for oh about ever...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts