Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time to deal with new tires for my F-150. I found that Dodge 1500 has the same bolt pattern and I can get the Dodge wheels at the local pick-a-part for reasonable. Main thing I am concrend about is the backset on the Dodge wheels and if they will work on my Ford.. doing a lift or some body work to get the larger wheels and tires to work is not an issue for me. Has anyone tried this as I would like to run the 18's or the 20's :D

Thanks
Sam

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Do you own a tape measure and straight edge/yardstick/level? If you can't handle measuring backspacing, then I sincerely doubt your abilities to install a lift...

Otherwise, some things I can think of to answer your question...

try google.

try looking up aftermarket wheels for either application and compare backspacing.

try finding a forum where people give a fuck about your aborted (unknown year) F150 and whether or not your (unknown year) dodge wheels will fit.

I can't believe this shit has spread to Wednesdays now too...

Good Luck,
Jason

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If that is the sort of answer I get here I think I will take your advice and go elsewhere to get my question answered.. Thank you for your time to write that sort of answer..

Sam
Eldershop Owner

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I've been back for about 3 months now... Good to see you too. I can't believe how much Pirate has changed in the last few years. Everyone coddles the "specials" now... What a load!

LMAO Elder-- see ya later. See you come here and ask something that you could easily find out yourself with almost no effort. You could literally use two sticks taped together perpendicularly in a "T" and make one for one wheel and one for the other and see how they compare, you don't even need numbers sullying thing up. You don’t give any information except for two truck models that encompass a large number of years and hope that someone here will figure things out for you. The fact remains that you apparently found the wheels you wanted at a "pick and pull" and you already own the other ones-- the only reason you don't yet have your answer is because you are either to lazy or too stupid to figure it out.
I did give you a crucial piece of information that will probably aid your so far fruitless searching. The measurement you are looking for is backspacing, not backset. Armed with that pivotal bit of information you should be able to find your own answers from your armchair with virtually no effort except that which it requires to reach the computer.

Good Luck,
Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts