Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Phobohomic
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Year starting out like the old year?
-------------------------------------------
Another Oregon wolf immigrates to California?

In mid-December, a 3-year-old male wolf from Oregon wearing a collar that allows biologists to keep tabs on his movements walked into California in the rural northeastern corner of the state. Last week, biologists said his collar showed he was in northern Modoc County.

Read more here: New wolf enters Northeastern California from Oregon | The Sacramento Bee

It can't be long before voters in SF will be able to enjoy nature in the same manner as the denizens of Portlandia. Area of Known Wolf Activity ? OR25

------------------------------------------
State OHV Parks gets new chief - for 18 months?

Railtown 1897 State Historic Park, and Tuolumne County parks will lose a guiding force this month.

Sector Superintendent Kim Baker announced this week plans to step down for a job with the California State Parks Off Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division (OHMVR) in Sacramento after 13 years managing State Parks in the county.

She will oversee operations at the state’s eight parks that cater to the motorized pastime.

Her last day at Railtown is Jan. 23.

“That’s kind of the cool thing about working for state parks, you can stay with the same department and have a completely different job,” Baker said. “If you ever asked me when I started my career with parks if I’d be running a railroad I probably would have laughed at you.”

She enters the new position with the same inexperience and optimism.

“I have to learn how to drive RTVs, ATVs and dirt-motorcycles…or what to call those,” Baker said, who is looking forward to the experience.:shaking:

Sonora / Tuolumne News, Sports, & Weather, Angels Camp, Twain Harte, Jamestown | Union Democrat

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
“I have to learn how to drive RTVs, ATVs and dirt-motorcycles…or what to call those,” Baker said, who is looking forward to the experience.:shaking:
Spent a whole bunch of quality time learning every facet of the job during that thirteen years eh? :zzz:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Pastime? Who wrote that article?
Somebody who thinks it's past time we were gone!

Kim Baker said:
"That’s kind of the cool thing about working for state parks, you can stay with the same department and have a completely different job,” Baker said. “If you ever asked me when I started my career with parks if I’d be running a railroad I probably would have laughed at you."
"She enters the new position with the same inexperience and optimism."

Think she'll learn anything more in 18 months than she did in 13 years while laughing at us?

·
Phobohomic
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pastime? Who wrote that article? - They are about to be educated.
Pretty strange. Most folks I've encountered in that neighborhood leaned toward the "Jeffersonian" persuasion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts