Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Zuk here (wheeling PICS added)

Well after owning a different Samurai for about 10 months and stockpiling parts for a buildup, I traded everything I had for the one that I was planning on copying somewhat on my buildup. I've still got a lot to do to it. The specs: 88 Samurai, toyota 8" axles front and rear, custom 4 link rear with stock front TJ coils, 3 link front with stock rear TJ coils, 33x12.50 Swampers, 15x10 aluminum rims, cage (needs to be finished), engine is mostly stock with the exception of a header and an intake. I will be building bumpers for it soon, finishing the cage, installing lockers, and gearing the case. I got a few other things in mind too.

Sorry about the image quality.

-Steve

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
:flipoff2: :flipoff2: Welcome Newbie :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
606 Posts
How long are those rear links??They look short? looks like a good platform to work with.

Scott

·
Registered
455 Posts
Other than the tweaked tie-rod...it looks pretty good. Now go wheel it :D

·
Banned
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I forgot to add that steering to my list. I am planning on doing something about that. It is the toy stuff on there now. I believe the rear links are about 3' in length. Depending on how it does, I was planning on possibly altering the suspension a bit. We will see how it works first.

-Steve

·
Banned
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not sure how this driveshaft will do at above trail speeds. What do you guys think I should do about the driveshaft? Will a toyota shaft shortened work well? I should get to drive it tonight to see how it will do on the street. It has never been street driven. The clutch was gone when I got it. I will get the new clutch in tonight.

Thanks,

-Steve

·
Registered
448 Posts
Looks like it flexes up pretty good. Get some tailights on that thing! :flipoff2:

Koko

·
Registered
113 Posts
looks sweet,kinda like mine,with rear links that short you will probably get bad oversteer the bootom links should be around 44" that puts the front attachment centered under the door

·
Banned
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Still need to finish the bumpers. We had a club wheeling even that I couldn't pass up. I have been considering redoing the rear links. I might just drive it this way for awhile so I can figure out all of the flaws, so when I redo it I correct everything I can.

fruitypie, do you have any pictures of yours?

-Steve

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Hey Steve;
What club you wheeling with?

Nice looking rig. just run it for a year, then fix what you dont like about it.
:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts