Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, bought i 1990 toyota pickup the other day, 200 bucks. no title which im working on right now, but figured for 2 hundred bucks couldnt go wrong and could part it out for a profit.

anyway, when i got it the trans was out of it. was apprently stuck in reverse and the previous owner fixed it. i put the trans and transfer case back together and threw it in. jumped it and it started right up just needs a tune up. the shifter is the issue. when in neutral, the shifter cant go side to side, it goes in a circle. seems to me to be in the actual shifter because it does the same thing out of the trans. will go to 3rd and 4th but cant get it over to left or right for other gears. was seeing if there is possibly a part not in since i got it apart or theres a common problem i dont know of or something you guys might know before i look at buying a shifter.

thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
337 Posts
Sounds like one of the pins is messed up in the shifter base. Had the same problem on a first gen I flipped several years ago. Look under the shifter base boot to verify the pin is the problem. Simple fix, if you need help finding parts PM me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea talked to trail outfitters he helped me figure out im missing a bushing in the base. going to be ordering one see if i can get this truck up.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Easy find at the dealer. Cant remember what the plastic piece is called, but the shifter base ball rides in a plastic ball socket. Like$10 at the dealer or something like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts