Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently own a 2000 ford ranger 2wd and am trying to pay it off, sell it and buy a 4x4. i would just like to know which dodges come with a SFA and what i would expect to pay for one with decent miles. thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
SEARCH YOU STUPID ASS DAN!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :flipoff2:
Pic a year dummie besides half ton02, and half ton03, and it will be SFA

Great first post, by the way DAN

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
All Dodges up to and including 2002 (except the 2002 1/2 tons) have SFA.. As far as price that will depend on what options you want and what year range you are looking at..I gave $8300 for my 97(1/2 ton clubcab,shortbed,318 auto,slider rear window,
PDL,PW.power mirrors,power seat 4X4 of course) but have seen them listed for up to $14000 equipped the same as mine..To get the best price you need to do some shopping and some bargaining..

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Not flamed for questions, just flamed for stupid ones, search and you better figure out the diffrence between this :flipoff2: and this :flipoff:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
mjs408 said:
SEARCH YOU STUPID ASS DAN!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :flipoff2:
Pic a year dummie besides half ton02, and half ton03, and it will be SFA

Great first post, by the way DAN

Stop scaring away the newbs.. the dodge board can use all the traffic it can get :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
generalee7 said:
hey thanks for the welcome dumbass. i hope this isn't some place where people get flamed for posting questions...:flipoff:
I always wondered who people were thinking of when they ask if you were born yesterday. :rolleyes: DAN. :flipoff2: :rolleyes:

Pete

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Lighten up!! This isn't general chit chat, so we don't need to flame newbies. Asking what year trucks came with SFA isn't too bad of a question for a new guy (in my opinion). At least he didn't ask what type of wax to use. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks neckster. i'm just trying to open up my options so when the time comes, i'm not looking for one specific truck. this way, if i can't find that specific truck, i can move to the next to see what is least expensive between them. i just added the 1500 to my list. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
hey newbie, welcome:flipoff2:

....and if you ever use this ( :flipoff: ) in here again, i'll break that finger off! ;)

:D :beer:

·
Registered
16 Posts
SFA is solid front axle, apparently found on all (almost) dodge Rams. Also found on every Jeep (except for Liberty), and all Toyota trucks until '85.

Rick

·
Registered
224 Posts
Paid 15,000 for my '98 Quad Cab with the odometer turning over 40,000 on my test drive.

Few things to thing about on the second generation rams...

Coil sprung front. While it does work well its pricey to lift. Also, the front axle is not centered in the wheel well so larger tires a bit harder to fit with no rub. And the front fenders have little/no room for trimming.

The auto trans is pretty shitty on them. Especially if you go big on tires and don't go up with the gears at the same time.

4.56 is the lowest you can go in the Chrysler 9.25 rear end.

If your going to wheel it hard, try and find yourself a single cab short bed (119" wheel base I think?) with a 5speed. The off-road package would be a decent option to get, 2" lift from the factory and 4.10's in the axles.

Best of luck getting rid of the ranger, and chill with the pissed flip newb :flipoff2: ;) :flipoff2:

·
Trailer Park Boy
18,656 Posts
all 1500 models have SFA except for the new fugly ones.

those are IFS.

fucking dodge went out after the consumer market and screwed the offroading world - oh well, its ugly anyway.

2500 (new ones) DO come with SFA, so you can get a 2500 or 3500 of any year and get the SFA.

1500 all years except for the new fugly ones
2500 all years
3500 all years

SFA = Sick Fuckin Articulation. :flipoff2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts