Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get a 73 EB. It is in great shape. The only thing that worries me is that I could not move the T-case lever. When I looked at it, it was in 4 hi, but the guy did not know how to get it out. I did not play with it much, but I figured, if it was in it has to come out. Am I only fooling myself, or did I just not know how to go through the motions. Are there any other things I should look out for? Please help ASAP, I am getting it tomarrow.

Thanks ADAM,
former JUer (should explain a lot)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Can you get the front hubs unlocked? If not, they probably drove it on a solid surface and it's bound up. They do sometimes stick though. Get in the dirt and slip/pop the clutch a little while you keep pressure in the t-case shifter and it will probably come right out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can get the hubs to move, but I don't know what the pattern is on the tcase. Should I just stay away, or see if it is just my error. The truck is extremely clean, but the owner has not had it very long. It is also an auto.

·
Premium Member
5,348 Posts
Shift pattern

The shift pattern for a T handle t-case is (from dash to seat) 4-low, neutral, 2-hi, 4-hi. Make sure you're holding the black button in with you thumb or it won't shift.

Good luck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Shift pattern

Rubicrawler said:
The shift pattern for a T handle t-case is (from dash to seat) 4-low, neutral, 2-hi, 4-hi. Make sure you're holding the black button in with you thumb or it won't shift.

Good luck!
Black button???
I don't see no stinkin button

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: Re: Shift pattern

CheepJeep said:

Black button???
I don't see no stinkin button
Do you have a round black nob, like the handle on a transmission, - or - do you have a chrome T handle? If you have the T, the button is on the left side and you follow the front-back pattern. Nob = J shifter and I've never owned one.
Your '73 should have the J shifter.
Good luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
lock the hubs, hit it hard in first, throw it in n, stomp on the brakes and jerk the hell out if the shifter...if that doesn't work and you can get the eb for a good price buy a damn atlas, and thank your luck stars you bought a real 4x4!!!! :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :beer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.