Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heard you guys were animals on this forum...thank god. Not sure how much more fluff i can take over on Thumpertalk!

A little background of myself...
Not new to the offroad world, been riding bikes since 73...4 wheeling (nothing serious) off and on since 80...got into and out of horses a few years back. Now have a toy hauler, my 03 Chevy 4x4 gasser, a place in Johnson Valley not far from Means dry lake (the hammers) and looking for an inexpensive toy. A 4x4 of some sort that'll carry 4 adults, Something around $4000 which i would hope to be able to trade an 02 Yamaha 660 Raptor Special Edition for. I've seen several on Craigslist however, those that want to trade want too much, others aren't worth what I want to give up!

Didn't mean to take up too much time here...let me know PM or ?? if you're interested. :flipoff2: Thought i'd beat you to it!

I'm in SoCal (Riverside area)

Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
First off, there is a thread for newbies to introduce yourself. Secondly there is a for sale forum on the PBB for the rest of your crap you want, or want to get rid of. That is all

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
1st, this :flipoff: is angry, this :flipoff2: is joking. Don't be angry in your first post. It won't end well for you.

I's suggest you try to sell the quad. The market probably sucks for them right now, but you're gonna have a hard time trying to trade it.

If you are wanting to wheel the Hammers on a budget most people here, myself included, will tell you to get a toyota. A 4runner will seat 4 easily. Next option is probably a Jeep, Cherokee or such. Look around in the classifieds here and on Marlin. There have been some good deals on built rigs lately with the economy in the crapper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First off, there is a thread for newbies to introduce yourself. Secondly there is a for sale forum on the PBB for the rest of your crap you want, or want to get rid of. That is all
1st of all, i am on the newbie thread.
2nd of all, I went on the sale forum, didn't want to spend all fricken day looking so i thought i'd ask!
3rdly, THANKS, You are dismissed!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1st, this :flipoff: is angry, this :flipoff2: is joking. Don't be angry in your first post. It won't end well for you.

I's suggest you try to sell the quad. The market probably sucks for them right now, but you're gonna have a hard time trying to trade it.

If you are wanting to wheel the Hammers on a budget most people here, myself included, will tell you to get a toyota. A 4runner will seat 4 easily. Next option is probably a Jeep, Cherokee or such. Look around in the classifieds here and on Marlin. There have been some good deals on built rigs lately with the economy in the crapper.
My bad on the smiley, i had em both up there but deleted the wrong one.

Been thinking of a 4runner or a Cherokee...seen a few and as i mentioned the guys with the ones i could afford didn't want to trade or wanted more in the trade...Would really like a jeepster, there's a few around that aren't unreasonable...just can't get the deal together!

Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
only problem with toyotas in my area is they are so dang expensive. just like jeeps. for 4000 if you dont mind going to a fullsize you can probably buy a k5 blazer on 1 tons with whatever size tires you want in great shape for around 2500. my blazer is pretty nice and id be lucky to get 2500 for it which is why ill never sell it :p

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
only problem with toyotas in my area is they are so dang expensive. just like jeeps. for 4000 if you dont mind going to a fullsize you can probably buy a k5 blazer on 1 tons with whatever size tires you want in great shape for around 2500. my blazer is pretty nice and id be lucky to get 2500 for it which is why ill never sell it :p

The only problem with that is wheeling it at the hammers. It can be done, but it isn't pretty! :laughing:

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
AS for what I can say in my experience with the Hammers, is its brutal! I am building my junk for the hammers. You want a Wheel Base of at least 100" and be stable. The hammers are no joke. But its lot of fun!:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The only problem with that is wheeling it at the hammers. It can be done, but it isn't pretty! :laughing:
No plan as of yet to tackel the hammers..only referred to them to give a general idea where my property is...which is across the highway!

I've been keepng my eyes open for an early model K5 (pre 74)...I like the body style better, however the prices are higher.

A prerunner/rock crawler style rig would be best however, it's got to have a back seat. Blazer, Bronco, Cherokee, 4runner, fj60 land cruiser, etc. main thing is to be 4x4, have travel and be trail ready...doesn't have to be bullet proof for the hammers but dependable.

·
Registered
654 Posts
1st of all, i am on the newbie thread.
2nd of all, I went on the sale forum, didn't want to spend all fricken day looking so i thought i'd ask!
3rdly, THANKS, You are dismissed!
I am not being a jerk just informative. You are in not the introduce yourself newbie thread, as seen at the top of the forum page. One newb forum, many newb threads.

Important: This forum needs a Newbies check in here post. ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last Page)

You will learn if you don't post in the right section, or do your own searching you better be wearing nomex.
Second don't spend all day. Go to google. Type what you are looking for plus the word pirate. Bam. And you don't have to wait 3 min to search again.

good luck:flipoff2:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am not being a jerk just informative. You are in not the introduce yourself newbie thread, as seen at the top of the forum page. One newb forum, many newb threads.

Important: This forum needs a Newbies check in here post. ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last Page)

You will learn if you don't post in the right section, or do your own searching you better be wearing nomex.
Second don't spend all day. Go to google. Type what you are looking for plus the word pirate. Bam. And you don't have to wait 3 min to search again.

good luck:flipoff2:
You took the words right outta my mouth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts