Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo....What do the "Pro's" think? I'm not sure, but I think they suck...:confused:

·
Man Child
24,725 Posts
Newbie welder my ass!!! :flipoff2:

How's the car search going Joe?

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HAHA! This is exactly the reason I posted these. Just to see people reactions. :cool: I'm far from a newbie. I've been welding and working with steel for the past 7 or 8 years, I've been to school to learn welding, and I earn my living as a welder/fabber.

My machine is a Lincoln Power MIG 200, running Hobart .035 solid wire and 75/25 argon/co2 shielding gas. :D

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Priest said:
Newbie welder my ass!!! :flipoff2:

How's the car search going Joe?
Well, it's super easy to fnd cars....I found a BUNCH of stuff within my budget, Just have to wait a couple more weeks till the cash comes in. Bein broke sucks ass.:eek:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
what do the welding pros think of the Ready Welder? I'm sure it is adequate to do trail repairs but what about driveway work too as I can't afford two different units just yet?

Ready Welder

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've heard of them, but I've never used one, So Ican't really comment. :D

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Ready welders work great for trail repairs. You just have to have 2 batteries, but no big deal since no one wheels alone :rolleyes:. You don't want one to build a set of sliders or a cage though if that's what you're thinking.

·
Registered
113 Posts
where do you work kidjethro?

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I work at Best Trailer Inc. in Grass Valley. 500 Idaho Maryland Rd. :D

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
what creates the "ripple" effect in the weld? When I use my bro's MM210, I get no ripple at all, it's a totally smooth bead. Are you weaving/whipping? I hope that's not too stupid of a question.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hickeyjones said:
what creates the "ripple" effect in the weld? When I use my bro's MM210, I get no ripple at all, it's a totally smooth bead. Are you weaving/whipping? I hope that's not too stupid of a question.
Thats not a stupid question at all. Knowledge is power, the only way to get more knowledge is to ask questions. :)

To answer your question, yes I use a weave. There are bunch of different weaves you can use, and for the most part, just use what ya prefer. I use sort of a lazy J or U weave. You can use a circle or oval weave, a back and forth weave, zig-zag or Z shapped weave...Depends on what your comfy with.

Chief Yelling Alot---Those welds don't look that bad. I wouldn't be ashamed of them at all. :bounce2: Cool name by the way. :goofball:

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's broke.....Fix your link dude....:)

Tried to copy and past the URL from the properties, but that didn't work either.:D

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
here are my first overhead welds with my Weld Pack 100
LOL! Weld pak 100? HAHA! Riiiiiiiight! Good shit, definatley keeping with the "bogusness" of the post. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts