Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here!! Been readin your site here for several weeks, damn yall crack me up :D I did search first, but no luck!

A little info on my Sammi first..

Weber carb, flowmaster header, 2" exh, 5" Calmini SR lift, 32x11.5 MT's, 1.25" wheel spacers, 5.13 r+p's, lincoln locked in the rear, detroit up front, 97 Sunfire seats

Before the bashing begins on the Calmini purchase , the Zuk is my daily driver and only vehicle, I didn't have access to a shop\welder to do a SOA, sure wish I could have though:(

Now to my question:

when I switched out axles (thanks Krawwler), the new axle only had 1 brake line feeding it and my original setup had 2 lines...we worked around that no problem but to do so we had to plug the bleeder on the RH side with a bolt instead of a bleeder screw, when I tried putting a bleeder screw in there, there was not enough room for it to screw in.

Do they make a bleeder screw that doesn't go in quite so far, or do I need to take the parts off my old axle and move into the new axle.

·
Registered
377 Posts
hey, i remember that problem. I saw some different bleeders at Oreilly's yesterday. I didn't know those damn things were that high 11.00 each.

you ready to go wheeling yet?

·
Registered
97 Posts
88? Is that that damn criss cross brake line garbage. If it is that means you will be braking 3 wheels with 1/2 the master cyl and 1 wheel on the other half. Redo your whole brake system. Not worth the shortcuting. Don't want it to be any of my family in the way when you can't stop. Good luck wit it

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Detroit up front?
(I guess ez locker)

Can't help you with bleeder problem, but just wanted to say

WELCOME NEWBIE!:flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AHA Krawwler comes through again, thanks.

I still have a couple things to take care of on the old zuk before I even think about goin out with you and Godzuki, you guys are nuts:D

Cmbrsum - I dont know if I have the "damn criss cross brake line garbage." How do I know and whats needed to correct it?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Why not just run a brake line from there to one of the wheel cylinders like you're supposed to? Then put a bleeder in each wheel cylinder. The brake line is probley cheaper than an $11 bleeder too.:D

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: Welcome Newbie:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Criss Cross brakes One line comes out of the frount of the master cyl. One comes out ot the back of thge cyl. They both go to a block on the pass side frame right below the fire wall. Then out of each inputed line, there is one line goin to the front end and one line goin to the rear end.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ooohhh now I think I understand,

the new axle came with the crisscross brake setup, we did away with that, now there is a line running to each wheel....but when the criss-cross brake line was removed, it left 1 open hole to be filled by presumably another bleeder screw.

So now I dont know what Jones is saying?!?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I will try the 11$ bleeder screw (if the old lady will let me spend the money) that Krawwler suggested, he has visibly seen what i am referring to.

thanks all

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
If you had two complete axles when you realized it didn't hook up the same, why didn't you just swap parts or what ever it took to make it like it was originally?
Travis..

I'm too new to be welcoming newbies, but I'll do it anyway. Welcome:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just lazy I guess, I would rather spend 11$ on a new bleeder than switch the crap over.:grinpimp:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I got the rear prop valve that went to a single rear hose, it still used the double loop back crap from the front.

You can have the front block and the rear block .... just pay shipping...

I was about to chuck it out to start my clean up efforts this weekend....

Brakes are over rated, im not using any.....
-yag

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sure I'll take it:)

all parts are good parts:p

Ill PM ya my address

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
i probably have all the right break lines if you end up needing them. and by the way i built the hybrid rear end and the breaks are easily fixed give me a call ive got a zook grave yard here lately:D qh and welcome newbi:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
My 88.5 has a single line goin to the axle. My 86 has 2 lines goin to the axle. Can you guys elaborate a bit on this criss cross shit ? Im a little unsure of exactly what yall are sayin.

Ha ha....... Im a Canuck and i said yall :flipoff2:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
correct the newbie if im wrong (im sure you will)

with one line coming to the back axle, there would need to be a brake line connecting the 2 wheels (criss-cross shit), whereas with 2 lines coming to the axle, one line goes to each wheel.

Thanks Godzuki, done know if you remember, I met you with Krawwler when I bought the wheel spacers off of him.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
ok ill try to explain, the 2 rear hoses has nothign to do with the 2 rear hard lines, (see pic)

Baiscally im not sure why they put the prop valve in the back...

Both fluid systems need to be represented in the bias valve. (hence 2 hard lines to back) When either system is ruptured it floats a piston to close that "side" off. Assuming both are working, pressue is equal on both sides of piston. It also serves as a rear proportion device...

Typically this bias/prop valve is in the front saving the need to run 2 line to the back....

The 2 hoses have nothing to do with the 2 hard line running to the back, the only thing i can think of is that if one breaks you have "some" brakeing on the other side....

-yag

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
its called

dual diaganal brake system and they suck shiat ......with that said

its just better to start from scratch and ditch the suzuki monstrosity.................make it 1 line too the front and 1 line to the rear like a good old fashioned truck should be.................

1 - 18 of 18 Posts