Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick question on the lockers. I am new to the whole Jeep thing but I thought a Rubicon would be a great vehicle to learn on. I heard that this was the "ultimate" Jeep to buy. when I hit the switch and the lights blink at me does that mean they are engaged? I didnt get an owners manual with my new Jeep

TIA.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
ghettojeep said:
You have to be in 4 low. Under 9 mph.

If the jeep knows its in 4lo, & under 9 mph & can disengage the locker then its too smart. And the "ultimate jeep" has push button 4x4? I dislike those things more & more every day. :flipoff2:

·
Banned
7,672 Posts
The ultimate Jeep doesn't have push button 4x4. It has push button lockers front and rear.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is in no way meant to be a "flame" but I think you'd be much better off finding a forum that caters to Rubicons (search the web for "rubicon owners", you'll find a bunch) to ask questions like this. You're just not going to find many people on here that know much about them.

·
Banned
7,672 Posts
Sure he will. There's lots of jeepers here.

Ya should have bought a POS if you want to learn to 'wheel though. You're going to trash that new Heep.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
in or out

I would think somewhere near the guages there'd be some kind of light letting you know what you are in.

·
Registered
260 Posts
in order for the lockers to engage you have to put it in 4low. you can go and move a wire or so around so that it will go in 2high and 4high. for a starter rig that is pretty expensive though. for half that price you could have bought a well built rig. but oh well it is your money. im not trying to be a jerk just saying that those are expensive little vehicles

·
Registered
349 Posts
I didnt get an owners manual with my new Jeep
then go back to the dealership and get one!
good grief, you just spent 26k+ on a vehicle, get a stinkin owner's manual!
:rolleyes:

and get the video too!

oh, and from what I hear, you hit the button once your rear is locked, hit it again, both front/rear are locked, hit it again, and they're both unlocked.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is everyone on pirate an asshole? I post alot on JU, and everyone there helps me out alot.....I thought you guys would be the same.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Jeepguydallas said:
is everyone on pirate an asshole? I post alot on JU, .....
You should just go on back over then.

No one here cares about stock shit, that is what boards like JU are for!

·
Banned
7,672 Posts
Exactly. This is a hardcore rock crawling site. This is not a site to come and say, "Check out my mall crawler" because you will get flamed.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tim84K10 said:
Exactly. This is a hardcore rock crawling site. This is not a site to come and say, "Check out my mall crawler" because you will get flamed.

well I am planning on running Fins and Things Trail and Hells Revenge Trail in Moab Utah this fall, that hardcore enough for you? The Wells book I have rates Hells Revenge as a 4......

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
Jeepguydallas said:
well I am planning on running Fins and Things Trail and Hells Revenge Trail in Moab Utah this fall, that hardcore enough for you? The Wells book I have rates Hells Revenge as a 4......

RRRrrriiigghhtt, just as soon as you figure out how to get it in 4 wheel drive :rolleyes: begone tard

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Jeepguydallas said:
post pics of your jeep in the tub or on esculator on hells revenge.that would make some cool shots...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts