Pirate 4x4 banner

4081 - 4100 of 4139 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Noobie intro

After sitting passenger for a Rubicon trip two years ago, I was given a 68 Tuxedo park that had been dissected and partially put back together multiple times. Vowing to bring this franken jeep back to life, I have been reading posts from Pirate and asking all folks I know who build shtuff, as well as youtubing the sh*t out of all the mods I have been performing. Today I finally decided to join Pirate with the hopes of posting my build and getting feed back.

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Post In Classifides

What do I need to do to be allowed to post in Classifides?

I have a AMC 20 Warn Floater Kit on Yakima Craigslist I wanted to post.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been around for a while. thought I'd post here first before getting flamed.

92 yj for parts
93 yj frame starting ground up.

Plan on starting a post Photos to show progress and ask questions

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lurked on here years ago. I previously built a 89 YJ, nothing fancy. 30/35 axles with ARB air lockers, 4" lift, 36" Iroks and was just for muddin out west. 2 yrs ago I did some mods to my '16 Rubicon Unlimited Hardrock, 4" lift on 35s, skid plates and winch,,,,used it for Moab and anywhere else I could find rocks. No more mud for this guy. Sold both jeeps, now I'm itching to build a heavily modified jeep for Moab etc, but something off of a CJ/YJ/TJ platform with LS motor and 1 ton axles etc on 40s. A trailer rig. Planning to spend the next year collecting parts and then build up over the next winter and have it ready for 2020. Lots of great info here, once I fire up the welder & plasma torch I will start a build thread.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Been signed up here for a few years but just started looking for a more serious rig. I have a very capable 14 JKR but leaning towards finding a TJ/LJ, V8, 60’s, Coilovers, 40’s, Hydro assist that can still be tagged and run on the street around town (not looking to blast down the highway).

My current 2014 JKR I ordered new. I started building it when it had 40 miles on it and 2 days old. Metal Cloak 3.5” Game Changer ARB, 37’s on Racelines, Metal Cloak full Overline Fender system with rockers and rear corner armor. Full RROR skids, Synergy drag link and tie rod, Artec trussed factory D44’s with 4.88’s. Ace bumpers and long list of other mods. I’m auto-ocd about all of my vehicles so it stays in perfect condition. KBB is about $26k with $20k in mods. The only labor in that mod number for the Artec strusses and gears. Definitely a rig you can drive anywhere in the country at 80mph and wheel black trails all day, and drive home.

BEDD3724-0A33-4767-B470-374941437127.jpeg

46E7C6AE-4831-4E31-9DA5-D33D8F6B2B6A.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
15 years ago I had too decide between a Jeep or a muscle car. I chose to go car. I went from an inline 6 to respectable driver street car. I built the engine, turbo kit, blow thru carb, C4 trans, through floor frame connectors, bent my onw cage and shortened F150 8.8 with 9" ends. I have quite a bit of experience modding cars and plan to continue with my Jeep

In July this year I bought a 2004 TJ Rubicon. It had never been off road that I could tell. It has a 4" RC lift kit, 35s, bumpers and winch. I've had it out a couple times and I am amazed how capable it is, but want to improve it.

Money is a bit tight right now so mods will be diy. Changing control arm mounting points and skid for motor and trans are high on my list.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

On my fourth Jeep now a ‘73 CJ5. Used to have a ‘69 Gladiator, ‘47 CJ2A and another ‘73 CJ5. Also a couple of square body GMC’s and a couple of Ram Cummins’.

Probably ridden in over 100 HMMWV’s in 20 years of US Army service.

Done the Rubicon, Shoestring and Mojave. Starred on an episode of Off Road Overhaul.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
23 Posts
Another member from TX. Been here for years also ingesting information so thanks for all the great threads. 92 YJ about to get Dana60s SOA to start and eventually stuff the 6L LS engine I have sitting in the garage into my new toy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Recently joined. Visited many times in the past for information. Have owned a ‘47 and a ‘49 Willys, a ‘53 M38A1. Currently have an ‘04 Rubicon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
a Noob is born.

Hello all.
I hope to build some really fun toys; I have a JD2 32, a Notchmaster, a Mig,
Swag's ENTIRE inventory, and a grinder....So, I should be able to make LOTS of mistakes!!

A couple "custom Rock-Bouncers" are a dream, but I have alot to learn.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Posted as a thread on accident. then noticed this intro thread

Hi everyone! My name is Tom and I've decided to join your forum. I'm located in Norther California and have just finished my 1973 CJ5 build. Check it out and feel free to ask anything you'd like.

Thanks

I cant post links since I just joined but my build is chronicled on the jeepforum website and the thread is titled 1973-cj5-frame-up-ish-restoration-4247810

Stats
1973 CJ5
258 I6, T18, D20
D30 disk brake front, D44 drum rear
2.5 inch BDS lift, 1 inch body lift
33 STT Pros

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I'm back to the Jeep world after my S-Blazer was rear-ended hard enough to total it.

First vehicle was a 1985 Jeep Cherokee. The second - after that one was hit head-on - was a 1976 CJ5 that we built. After I decided to get practical, I went through three S Series Blazers. Good trucks, but didn't feel like a Jeep.

After searching, I came across a basket case 2004 WJ that seemed in decent shape. Just had a lot of expensive repairs needed, and I used to be an auto tech once-upon-a-time. So I repaired it and it's now my daily driver. 4.7L non-HO, 545rfe tranny, Quadra-Trac, etc. I do plan on getting a 242 xfer case and probably dropping a locker in the rear at around that same time.

No pics yet; I'm still repairing what little body damage there is. The most severe rocker panel rust, and some previous owner had a bug shield on the hood so I have to fix the rust there.

Overall, though, the body is in good shape. Much better than my '85, which lasted through three or four deer collisions. The motor leaks no oil, and the tranny is strong after I replaced the solenoid pack.

Regards,
Josh

·
Registered
5 Posts
New again I lost my old password and email so I'll start over. I'm from Somerset Ky and Ive owned several rigs over the years. From Jeeps TJ's, XJ's, Toyotas exo'd, and several tube buggies. I'm currently in the process of building a new single seater rock buggy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Signed up a while back due to all the info laying around, A thanks goes out to the guys who had issues before me and posted solutions..

Still putting this one together but making progress. Bumper is not staying :)

4081 - 4100 of 4139 Posts