Pirate 4x4 banner

4101 - 4120 of 4139 Posts

·
TJ8 4bta
2 Posts
Newbster Newbington Reporting for Duty

Been poaching info off the boards for a while now, finally hit the point where I decided to help pay my way. Wealth of information here (as well as just a COUPLE of opinions!), but the been-there-done-that-three-times information is worth the trash talking.
Current project is a TJ, re-worked as what I always really wished I could find. Sort of a Brutish-TJ-Scrambler flatbed love-child of a menage-a-quoi between an '02 TJ, Gen 1 Dodge Cummins, a Frito Truck and an M1009 CUCV. Must've been a wild night.
Anyway, Hi to all...
~doc

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the add! I just picked up a Jeep FC150 today that is very rough. It was sitting in a back field with a tree growing between the body and bumper. Today we rescued her and want to try and fix it up. I want to upgrade to a newer frame. What is the best frame to upgrade to and engine to swap? I would like to drop a diesel in it but unsure of room right now. I am hoping to mess around with it tomorrow. Once its complete I would like to haul a small camper and use the jeep for off roading/mild rock climbing.

I am located in southern WI

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
First time posting. Just picked up a bone stock 94 YJ. Super clean & strait with no rust luckily. Has the 2.5 w/ 5 speed. Plan is to build it up for my 14 y/o daughter and give it to her. I have already ordered a RE 4.5 extreme lift kit, 1" prothane body lift, some 35's on Cepeks and a few other odds & ends. Not sure I'm going to want to give it up once done.

Anyways, if anyone in the Sacramento area is familiar with these, I'd appreciate any advice & help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to Forum

Hi All, my name is Mike from NC. I've owned 4 CJ's in my life and enjoyed them all. Will be posting thread on an ongoing issue i can't figure out. Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Axel here, I grew up looking at, and climbing in CJ5’s at the local AMC dealer where all the family cars were purchased and serviced. I Bought my first Jeep in 1986, and then I sold that CJ-7 in the early nineties. I went without a Jeep for about 25 years until the bug bite me again. Now I have a 2017 JKU, a 1985 CJ-7 and a 2005 Grand Cherokee. Anyway, I’ll be hanging out in the Jeep forums, and enjoying my Jeeps in future, by driving them as much as possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
new guy with a 73 jeepster ....

got my first 73 jeepster. looking to do a front clip swap. ... will a 71 up cj5/7 clip work? or am i going to have to use the early jeepster clip?? will be doing a V8 swap and would like the extra room of the 71 up clip. ... thanks for your time.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Jeep newb here

Howdy.
Not new to the forum but to this section.
I just picked up a 67 CJ5, pretty decent for a MN rig.
Supposed to have 4:11's and dana 44's front and rear.
Nice big old winch, 4 wheel disks also has a buick 231 engine.

I'll probably be stopping in with questions here and there

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Common mistake first off road

Started off roading when leaving Ludlow on a shortcut to Vegas, my Rambler Classic ran through washes and saved me, 1970 with 20 years of life.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm an old guy (67) who just bought his first 4X4 and it happens to be a 98 Cherokee XJ. I know almost nothing about it or about 4X4s in general. I hope to learn something from you guys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Guy here from AZ

Thanks for letting me join, I live in Bullhead City Az along the Colorado river. I recently picked up a clean 06 LJ and looking to lift it with a good kit, more than likely run 35's. "still deciding" if I should go with short arm or long.. I can imagine I will find some info here...

Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm driving my second 97 TJ. First stayed pretty much stock through 135,000 miles. This one has just over 200k and I'm hoping to start building it up soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
5.9 swap question

ok. Im a new pirate. New to any forums. im doing a 360 swap into a 2000 TJ. my donor had an automatic but im gonna run a nv4500. does anybody do ECU cusom work for mopar ?

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Long time Lurker 1st time poster.

Great Forum. I have lurked here for awhile now. On my fourth TJ and this one is a dedicated toy. 1997 TJ on 35’s with Savvy short arm and a bunch of other mild build parts.

4101 - 4120 of 4139 Posts