Pirate 4x4 banner

4121 - 4139 of 4139 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Howdy Folks

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I had an account before but cannot remember my password and the email address is defunked lol.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Hi I'm new to the forum. Been working on a one ton swap for my JKU for the last few months. First major car mod. Got a ton of information from here and it really helped out when I found out I got the super 60 thanks to the junk yard error, but its working out good so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all.

Or should I say ya'all. I'm one of those yankees that stayed in the west TN area so I'm used to being in the wrong place at the right time. I don't have a jeep but I do have a couple 4x4 ('68 Chevy panel wagon and a '85 Toyota pickup) the later of which I plan to drop a diesel into. I know, WHY??? Cause I can. Southern ingenuity will get her done!
I'll post more later when things start moving. Thanks for all the info. that is publicized here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i am Newbie

Sup new here and have a J-20 Jeep. 44 up front and fullfloat dana 60 in the rear. Transfer case is a dana-20 and the gears from and rear are stock 3.73 with 32 inch tires. Engine is a 472 Caddy with Sanderson custom coated headers, and it make 480 foot pounds of torque. Jeep is a stock J-20 with a big Caddy engine and a turbo-400. J-20 is a 1975, so no smog issues. :barf::confused::eek::homer:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new here, been present on other Jeep forums and decided to sign up here as well instead of just lurking.

Driving a 2.5 manual 1994 YJ I picked up cheap to take to the beach and desert in SoCal as it's 36" shorter than my DD car, so makes getting a spot at the beach slightly easier.

It's also a toy to learn to wrench on, though I cut my teeth on my DD car, it's nice to have a backup vehicle when I work on the other.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Long time Lurker

Kind of a newbie here. I've been lurking around since about 2012. Finally decided to become more active in the online community. Maybe start my build thread sometime soon lol

I currently drive a 2016 Tacoma but I'm building a 91/89 YJ. Always manual. The YJ was pretty much what I learned to drive and wheel on and I'll never let her die

·
Registered
22 Posts
I will be short. Basically a long time jeep girl just getting more involved in the 4wd community. Also a long time lurker. This site along with jeepforum have helped teach me how to wrench. Current setup is an 83 cj7 on 33x10.5, truetracs, 4.56s, 3in total lift and a slew of other things.

·
Registered
17 Posts
An update to my Jeep situation. 11 months I posted in this thread, and back then I had a JKU, a Grand Cherokee and a CJ-7. I sold the GC and traded the JKU, so now I am down to one Jeep, my 1985 CJ-7. I am building a 4.7 inline six engine to replace my 258. I have an EB 9” for the rear, and a Hi-pinion D44 for the front, and both are getting modified for the CJ-7. The plan is to drive it with the new 4.0 based 4.7 inline six while I finish the axle assemblies. Eventually I’ll do a SOA conversion using the 9” and HP D44, and have a decent offroad capable Jeep that I can drive daily when I choose. The CJ-7 is a keeper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another lurker here. I have been looking for a Jeep, bought a really nice 1998 TJ yesterday that drives like shit. I thought it would be an easy fix but now I'm not sure. I hope I can get some information from here without taking too much bullshit.

·
Registered
1997 Jeep TJ 2.5
1 Posts
Hey all, just signed up wanted a place to ask jeep technicals, share my build, etc.

Bought a 97' shitbox TJ for dirt cheap back in February. Came with 2.5L, been sitting in AZ elements for the last few years, slight body damage.

Since I've got it, I've had to do a few things to pass emissions here in phoenix.
Done a few things so far, and have a lot more planned:
  • New fuel pump
  • Fixed Exhaust leaks
  • Passed emissions for first time in 10+ years
  • OME 2.5 inch lift
  • WJ steering upgrade
  • Welded up Front and Rear bumpers from
Bought a 2002 VW Golf TDI for the ALH engine. Will be stripping that car down and starting the conversion this winter, too hot in AZ to do the work right now without a real garage.

Once the diesel swap is complete, looking forward to fixing the body, repaint, axle swaps, long travel design. Thanks for having this awesome forum, been referencing it for a few years now on my previous xterra and finally made an account

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy,

I’ve been on this and numerous other forums for years, but was satisfied to just read other posts for inspiration.

Now, I’ve gone and picked up a project... that’s slowly becoming a nightmare.

Said project is a ‘98 5.9 Limited ZJ with a whole lotta miles. It needs lots of TLC but the motor is still very strong.

Looking forward to asking silly questions and getting out in my place.

👋

·
Registered
1990 Jeep Wrangler 6 Cyl
39 Posts
Newbie to the Jeep forum. I've been a member of Pirate 4x4 for about 10 yrs. Normally post on the Toyota forum due to the fact that I own an 87 4 Runner and an 83 4wd Pick Up.
Just picked up a 1990 Wrangler with the inline 6 4.2 liter. It's in pretty decent shape. Will post some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I’ve been on Pirate for quite a few years just reading and enjoying the information. Figured it’s time to make an introduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4121 - 4139 of 4139 Posts