Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my first post on this site, so forgove me if its not up to par. i am in the midst of building my 92 toyota pickup, i am almost done my sas and 5" suspention lift, next summer i plan on swapping in a 4.3L vortec chevy from a 1996 blazer and i would like to run 36's or 37's but i wont be getting the tires till after the swap i have 31's now with the 3.0L engine, i was wondering what gears would be reccomended for the bigger tires, i know that with the stock engine 5.29's are highly suggested but if im putting the 4.3 in it will have a bunch more power than the stock engine so would i beable to put in 4.88's and still be practical to run on and off road?

thanks
-sam-

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and how are ther rpms going on the highway (60+mph) do you have a 5 speed or a automatic? how will the 4.88's be with my 3L 5speed and 31's? untill i get bigger tires and the 4.3 put in? thanks for the reply

· Registered
4,465 Posts
yes then you have to factor in how much percentage lower transfer case gears add
i think the 4.7 adds 22% ? if thats right that jumps the rpm to 3935

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.