Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you find out if the police chief in your city is NFA freindly and will sign off on your NFA items? i dont know anyone who lives here that owns any NFA items or i would ask them....

google is not helping much in that area...

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
i figured that wouldnt work, just dont know how hard it is to get info out a large police department like that.
Well I wouldn't dial 911 to ask, but calling what ever the general info line might be, should work.

Probably the same as every time I have moved.
"Hello, I am trying to find out the process for getting a concealed carry permit in this country"

either
"Do this" or "Call here..."

·
Registered
17,017 Posts
I called the sheriff's office and asked to speak to the sheriff regarding an ATF matter. I was directed to a particular officer (a major) who handles all firearm-related matters. Turns out that major is the same guy who owned a local gun shop here for years and was quite knowledgeable in firearm law and the NFA.

Just call and ask. If you get a negative response, form a living trust and skip the signature.

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Probably the same as every time I have moved.
"Hello, I am trying to find out the process for getting a concealed carry permit in this country"

either
"Do this" or "Call here..."
You're not an American?!?! :eek:

Just call and ask. If you get a negative response, form a living trust and skip the signature.
This. Play "dumb" and VERY polite. Usually you can get the big guys receptionist or secretary or similar and pick their brain. Ya know, the person that handles everything and does the "here boss, sign this" role. Just say, "I don't want to bother ___mebigbossman___ with this yet as I'm just looking for info, maybe you can help."

I almost pulled the plug on a suppressor last week. Called the county sheriff, no go, he won't sign. Called the city chief, no go, he won't sign.

Sweet, scratch that thought.
oooooor setup a revocable living trust.....and avoid all this :D

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I almost pulled the plug on a suppressor last week. Called the county sheriff, no go, he won't sign. Called the city chief, no go, he won't sign.

Sweet, scratch that thought.
so is it either one? if one doesnt sign you can go to the other? i thought city had the jurisdiction if you live in city limits....

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't remember who they are at the moment but there are other individuals who fit the bill as the CLEO. For instance, I THINK the District Attorney also qualifies.
too bad a US district judge wont work...

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
I emailed the sheriff (he was yuppers)

·
Registered
14,025 Posts
Set up the trust. That way, when you die, your wife or kids who are also on the trust get the items.Also, anyone on the trust can use the items without you there.

Otherwise, they will have to apply for another stamp and have them transfered .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts