Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 1911 R1 back in February, Remington had a promotion for a free Storm Lake barrel with purchase. I had pretty much forgot about it until last night, and checked my rebate to find it still said "processing." I was smoking chicken today in the smoker and saw the brown truck pull up. I went in the house and asked my wife what she hard orders, which it turns out was nothing. Man come up and handed me the package. I checked the return address, which listed Storm Lake!

Found this inside.

I was busy getting dinner ready and the wife has people over doing crafts. I am not sure how exposed the kids have been to firearms so it's taking all my will to hold off installing it. :grinpimp:

Edit:guess I could have used a smaller pic! :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
You don't know if your kids have seen guns? Shit, teach them right and they'll help you install the barrel!

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So apparently these are suppose to come with their own bushing, which mine did not. The R1 Bushing will not slide over the shoulder on the barrel after the threading, so no install. I guess I'll be calling Storm Lake tomorrow and seeing as this is a Remington Rebate, I really hope I don't get the run around.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
So apparently these are suppose to come with their own bushing, which mine did not. The R1 Bushing will not slide over the shoulder on the barrel after the threading, so no install. I guess I'll be calling Storm Lake tomorrow and seeing as this is a Remington Rebate, I really hope I don't get the run around.
If not, you can get custom sized bushings for not too much money. That way it will be tight and made to fit.

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If not, you can get custom sized bushings for not too much money. That way it will be tight and made to fit.
I talked to SL today and the guy with tech said they have had 4 calls in this already seems there is a but in the end of the threading which prevents it from sliding on. He said it can be take off with a bit of file work or I can send it back for replacement. He doesn't feel replacing it will help as he feels the machining error is Remington's. I am willing to give the fix a try and it won't void the barrel warrenty.

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an update to this, I got the barrel successfully fitted by just using sandpaper and a Sharpie. Took me a bit of time, but it cycles smooth and shoots very well. A friend of mine had just bought an AR45 and mounted a red dot too it and wanted to check the zero, so I met him yesterday at the range. We had some fun shooting that, with a 30 round grease gun mag the fun lasts a while. It was great to shoot with his Osprey. After a bit we went ahead and threw it on the 1911.

Looks pretty good, but i got a little artsy with the new camera, more so then I was intending. I wish I would have wiped it down first.

·
Registered
80 Posts
did your R1 come with those sights? I have only seen those on the enhanced I beleive its called...

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
Just an update to this, I got the barrel successfully fitted by just using sandpaper and a Sharpie. Took me a bit of time, but it cycles smooth and shoots very well. A friend of mine had just bought an AR45 and mounted a red dot too it and wanted to check the zero, so I met him yesterday at the range. We had some fun shooting that, with a 30 round grease gun mag the fun lasts a while. It was great to shoot with his Osprey. After a bit we went ahead and threw it on the 1911.

Looks pretty good, but i got a little artsy with the new camera, more so then I was intending. I wish I would have wiped it down first.

I love the idea of those osprey cans. How did it sound? Got any video?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts