Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 pathfinder LE. We bought it cheap for a hunting truck, its mostly stock (torsion bar crank and Cherokee coils out back). We put a battery in it, and as long as the battery is connected...the power locks are constantly (every 30 seconds or so) locking.
My brother's '01 xterra does the same thing, but only in wet weather...all summer no issues, as soon as the winter rains hit...constantly locking itself without input.

Worn out switches? Common electrical problem elsewhere?

I don't want to start tossing parts at it to no avail.

·
Window Licker
14,786 Posts
There's a relay module under the passenger kick panel (I think) that's known to go bad. Grab a junkyard one and swap it.

I had the same year/model and it wasn't that bad, but occasionally it would repeatedly just relock whenever you tried to unlock it.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a relay module under the passenger kick panel (I think) that's known to go bad. Grab a junkyard one and swap it.

I had the same year/model and it wasn't that bad, but occasionally it would repeatedly just relock whenever you tried to unlock it.

You're talkin about the pathfinder? I'll have a look next week at the shop, thanks!

·
Oh Jesus Tits....
2,669 Posts
Every Nissan with power locks that I've owned recently just locks at random. Pain in the ass. Even brand new ones.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Every Nissan with power locks that I've owned recently just locks at random. Pain in the ass. Even brand new ones.
Thats the reason I learned to never leave keys on the front seat of a vehicle if the window is not down. My Pathy used to randomly lock me out........now it doesn't have doors tho...problem solved!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts