Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a 670 cfm Holley Projection system on an IH 345 V8. I have looked at Nitrous Oxide Systems site and found a nitrous kit for a GM 7.4L TBI truck which would match up with the base plate. I dont think the electronics of this system would match up with the electronics of the Holley. Has anyone else done this on a Projection setup?

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
hell ya

I had a 454, projection and a nos cheater plate system. No problems at all. I ran a sperate dedicated fuel pump for the nos, and used wot switch. Never had a o2 sensor problem even with the biggest jets in the kit, with a adjustable ignition retard switch. I talked to alot of people before buying the system. Seems everyone had a story. But in ALL cases they were doing something they werent suposed to do. I bought a new kit with ALL the directions and read them.

The eletronics dont comunicate. The nos is switched at wide open throttle and the fuel injection will be in open loop (not calculating mixture).

Go for it but dont expect the same result your buddy with the 3000lb race car had. The heavy 4wd truck eats nos. It will be like you were down shifting.

Dan

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
IT WILL WORK IF YOU HAVE A CLOSED LOOP KIT IN THE PROJECTION OR IF THE NOS SYSTEM IS A WET SYSTEM ( USUALY HIGH HP RATINGS) THE STANDARD SYSTEM IS A DRY SHOT WERE THE NOS IS INJECTED IN TO THE INTAKE SYSTEM AND THERE IS A TUBE THAT RUNS FROM THE NOS SOLINIOD TO THE FUEL PSI REGULATOR AND UPS THE FUEL PSI TO ADD FUEL... IF YOU HAVE ALL THIS YOU CAN RUN IT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts