Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after the event I heard alot of talk about I am gonna, or I should, or I have this and that laying around.

So.... What is it. Coming up on a week later and 3 months to go till July 11th.

Who is in? Lets see some pictures. What are you bringing to the table. I really dont want to have to race with the unlimited guys again and make Lou cry:flipoff2::flipoff2:

Vetteboy... tomorrow is your deadline to accept in on the bet..:evil:
Mudboy??... you have to have something laying around
OX ...I know you have like 20 cars at your place that you could run.
Matt88YJ... you have no excuses now about not having the ring and pinion set up, you have 3 months to get it done.

Who else am I missing. come on guys lets get this going and show those spectators what you can do in a stock rig.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Well after the event I heard alot of talk about I am gonna, or I should, or I have this and that laying around.

So.... What is it. Coming up on a week later and 3 months to go till July 11th.

Who is in? Lets see some pictures. What are you bringing to the table. I really dont want to have to race with the unlimited guys again and make Lou cry:flipoff2::flipoff2:

Vetteboy... tomorrow is your deadline to accept in on the bet..:evil:
Mudboy??... you have to have something laying around
OX ...I know you have like 20 cars at your place that you could run.
Matt88YJ... you have no excuses now about not having the ring and pinion set up, you have 3 months to get it done.

Who else am I missing. come on guys lets get this going and show those spectators what you can do in a stock rig.
It's not my R&P, it's my whole damn front axle! Remember I gotta drive my pile home after the race and I don't want my 30 snapping in half like yours did!:eek::laughing: I need a real front axle and suspension setup. After that, it's AWN!

So I will gladly accept any donations for a front HP 60 or Spider 9 build and a front 3 link with ORI struts! :laughing::flipoff2: Until then, I'm taking photos!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
It's not my R&P, it's my whole damn front axle! Remember I gotta drive my pile home after the race and I don't want my 30 snapping in half like yours did!:eek::laughing: I need a real front axle and suspension setup. After that, it's AWN!

So I will gladly accept any donations for a front HP 60 or Spider 9 build and a front 3 link with ORI struts! :laughing::flipoff2: Until then, I'm taking photos!
To snap a 30 like Dan did you need to put it 6+' in the air repeatedly and drive like you don't have a care in the world...........:D

·
Premium Member
9,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

If anyone can attest the the strength of a D30 I can. Ill tell you what I have a spare set of shafts with your name on it. And seeing how it is only a one day event ill even dig up a YJ 30, and if you break it that bad we can tow it back to my place and swap it in for you.

So now whats the excuse :smokin:

PBJ lets get some names and info. I want confirmed people, or at least name of people i can hassle long and hard enough to get them out.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
If anyone can attest the the strength of a D30 I can. Ill tell you what I have a spare set of shafts with your name on it. And seeing how it is only a one day event ill even dig up a YJ 30, and if you break it that bad we can tow it back to my place and swap it in for you.

So now whats the excuse :smokin:
Umm I don't have a fire suit and a helmet?:flipoff2:

Besides, it has TJ shafts in it!:p Nothing like polishing a turd!

Oh and Dan, you're running an auto right?

·
Premium Member
9,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Umm I don't have a fire suit and a helmet?:flipoff2:

Besides, it has TJ shafts in it!:p Nothing like polishing a turd!

Oh and Dan, you're running an auto right?
The set I have are 297 joints out of an xj so TJ and you are set

Fire suit is $100 from summit
Helmet now thats just lame I borrowed one for the race. If you need Ill borrow another one for you.

Next .... puu ssss yyyyy

·
Premium Member
9,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Come on guys I know there are more of you out there?

·
Registered
85 Posts
alright, got a 91 isuzu trooper i started to gut yesterday. i'll try to get some pics this evening. bought it a while ago for $600, played with it for a little while. didn't really like it that much so i put it up for sale, went all the way down to $400 to try to dig some money up for my one florida trip. Still noone bought it, now it must die. probably eliminated about 800-1000 lbs yesterday.

·
Premium Member
9,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright, got a 91 isuzu trooper i started to gut yesterday. i'll try to get some pics this evening. bought it a while ago for $600, played with it for a little while. didn't really like it that much so i put it up for sale, went all the way down to $400 to try to dig some money up for my one florida trip. Still noone bought it, now it must die. probably eliminated about 800-1000 lbs yesterday.
Awesome. Yeh the gutting part is great as you are keep thinking 'its getting lighter' then you turn around and put a cage in it haha

·
Registered
85 Posts
i hear ya on that one. thats what i keep telling myself. but as far as the cage goes, i want to do it as if it where a pickup rather than a SUV possibly saving a few pounds that way. not like it will ever have rear passengers in it again.

·
Registered
85 Posts
first time out i think i'm gonna be running the ifs with the torsions cranked. probably gonna invest in some nice shocks. i guess were gonna see how well 33s fit with no lift and some sawzall action. I'm gonna try getting some pics here shortly.

·
Premium Member
9,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice thing is the stock 4.56s. in order to do a solid axle i'd have to get a waggy 44 and build it pretty quick. funds are tight right now.

Keep the IFS, lets see what it does.

And get some pics!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
past couple days have been rainy, today is nice so i should be able to get some pics but for now just imagine a 91 trooper (ugly shoe box on wheels), with no doors, or glass lol. this weekend i'll start getting creative with the sawzall:D. I'm definately keeping the IFS, do to the fact of time and money. I only plan on running a 33" so i think it will hold up as long long as play things smart. stock 4.56s are nice:D Dan, What springs and shocks are you running on your xj?

·
Registered
732 Posts
past couple days have been rainy, today is nice so i should be able to get some pics but for now just imagine a 91 trooper (ugly shoe box on wheels), with no doors, or glass lol. this weekend i'll start getting creative with the sawzall:D. I'm definately keeping the IFS, do to the fact of time and money. I only plan on running a 33" so i think it will hold up as long long as play things smart. stock 4.56s are nice:D Dan, What springs and shocks are you running on your xj?
Be careful taking the doors off. Check the rules and ask questions about what you need to put back in their place as far as tube or sheet metal. Not sure myself just somthing to look into.

·
Premium Member
9,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dan, What springs and shocks are you running on your xj?
Springs are RE at least the front ones. Not really sure about the rear. Shocks we dont need no sticking shocks. They were RE shocks, but I started the race with only one 'good' one up front and it lasted allof a lap. So I dont know what I am going to do for shocks now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts