Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok

i am all confused

my FSM says nothing of a gasket for the exhaust manifold, no parts store i went to said they make one (except for NAPA) and the guy at the RAPERSHIP says that they dont use them

i got a 1990 2.5L and it needs an exhaust manifold and i want to make sure i do it right!

anyone have any opinions?

the Borla Website (headers i am thinking of) says they offer gaskets for EVERY rig BUT this one

whats up with that?

it appears to have a gasket on it now??

thanks

·
Registered
933 Posts
i have the same year and motor as you and i don't think there is one but what part of the pipe are you exactly taking about?cause the part that i'm talking about is the pipe that bolts up to the manifold and then goes down to the cat, cause there is no gasket there either.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
My 91 2.5 had a gasket, but my bud's 95 didnt.

My header came with a nice gasket, hasnt leaked since i put it on 3 years ago. Its a clifford header with Jet Hot coating, i highly recommend it. Its the one listed for the 84-up 150 4cyl on their website.

My buddy put a Pacesetter header on his 95, the fit was not the best,. but it did come with a gasket.

Good luck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've got a 90 YJ with the 2.5 and a borla header too. The header didn't come with a gasket but I was able to find one I think at JC Whitney. It was a little spendy since its one of those copper jobs. I think I paid $10-15 for it but it hasn't leaked since I installed it 5 years ago.

The gaskets are out there. It just takes some searching to find them. I don't know if JC Whitney still sells them these days but I'm sure somebody does. You might want to try Kragen/Shucks. The have one listed for a 90 YJ witht he 2.5. The picture of the part that comes up is for a 6 banger but the text says its for the 4 cylinder engine. It isn't a special order part either so you could probably just head down to your local Shucks or Kragen parts store and pick it up for $8.99.

-Jeff

·
Registered
741 Posts
I got mine from Car Quest Auto Parts...can't remember how much it was, but it's a combo gasket for the exhaust and intake manifolds

I have a '97 4cyl though, so there may be a difference

EDIT: I just called since I'm at work with nothing to do...Car Quest has it - Victor Gasket P/N MS15963X

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 92 had gaskets. Put on Pacesetter headers and they also came with a gasket. Used one I got from NAPA cuz it was a little more substantial. Actually I had to use 2 gaskets but that's another story...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts