Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Since you can adjust the length, how did they get around each part of it not being considered a suppressor?

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
heard about it. i had been wanting to Form 1 a shotgun can, if i ever had the f'ing time and attach it to an auto SBS. That would make everyone forget about the Saiga :evil:

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Nice. Am I seeing the attachment right, looks to work off the choke tube threads?

-Scott

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
Nice. Am I seeing the attachment right, looks to work off the choke tube threads?
"The suppressor attaches to the the existing choke threads via an adapter. Due to differences in shotgun manufacturer and choke preference, it is important that you select the correct adapter."

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Try this link. Instagram

I don't see how the got the removable sections approved. They denied Tom Cole for that at one time.
maybe the removable sections aren't chambers. Maybe they are "solid" at that diameter, so when removed as stand alone they cant be called a baffle.

I'm just WAGing here....

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
It has to have a different baffle design to keep the wad closed passing through, it was my understanding that as long as one necessary part was serialized and regulated, the other parts could be rearranged/replaced as desired.

I'd imagine duck hunters would be big purchasers of it, my hearing is damaged from shooting, one shot on a turkey or deer isn't a big deal but after a duck hunt my ears will ring for a day or two. With earplugs you can't hear them flying over you from behind. Most ranges are going to require ear pro regardless of suppression, and I don't see it working great for tactical uses unfortunately. If it were paired with a short enough barrel to not be cumbersome moving through buildings you would have very little magazine capacity as it hangs over the mag tube. I suppose it could be spaced to index on the barrel sideways and then attach the barrel to the gun. That would require something like an 870 with a mag extension tube though instead of the 590A1 with a long factory magazine tube.

It would also be nice if they partnered with gun manufacturers to offer it as an "integrated barrel", at least for common guns. Most manufacturers offer 14" barrels for LEO use, Silencerco could buy them direct and pins/welds the can on, 26" total. :smokin:

·
Premium Member
10,659 Posts
maybe the removable sections aren't chambers. Maybe they are "solid" at that diameter, so when removed as stand alone they cant be called a baffle.

I'm just WAGing here....
Doesn't matter if its a baffle or not. ATF has always said, parts are parts. Any extra part is no bueno.

SS expects them to be on the shelf in a couple of weeks with a price of 1K ish

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Doesn't matter if its a baffle or not. ATF has always said, parts are parts. Any extra part is no bueno.

But whats to stop anybody from taking any user serviceable suppressor and using it with some parts removed?

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts

Apparently they've already danced with ATF on it, it seems they are putting these out on the street.

Until some changes their minds. Again.

But whats to stop anybody from taking any user serviceable suppressor and using it with some parts removed?
Would be difficult to shoot through any can with missing baffles. At least, not more than once.

·
Premium Member
10,659 Posts

Nothing at all. The difference is, they are marketing this as being tunable, meaning you can remove parts and use it.
The ATF has always said you can NOT do that and has denied everyone that tried before this.

Apparently they've already danced with ATF on it, it seems they are putting these out on the street.

Until some changes their minds. Again.

I know that.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they found a way around the ATF's position. If they did, it will change the way suppressors are made

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I have a picture of it in my email, and it looks like they have "skid rails" running the length of the suppressor
Well post up the pics. Don't leave us hanging.

I wonder if it slows the velocity much by dragging on the shot cup after the gasses have been stripped away?

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Well post up the pics. Don't leave us hanging.

I wonder if it slows the velocity much by dragging on the shot cup after the gasses have been stripped away?
Sorry, I had to save it from my email and upload it to my photobucket account.

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
$1400:eek: Fuck. Fun things are spendy. Hopefully the momentum keeps up so more states can haz fun things, maybe bring prices down a bit.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
So, instead of a ported barrel, it has sections with guid rods welded in place.

Interesting choice
They must have different length "guide rod" sections, as those do not look to be segmented.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Talked with my dealer yesterday.
He is saying he will have them right around Christmas or New years. Street price will be right at 1k.

Im thinking one of these on a little Serbu would be an awesome toy...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts