Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Talked with my dealer yesterday.
He is saying he will have them right around Christmas or New years. Street price will be right at 1k.

Im thinking one of these on a little Serbu would be an awesome toy...
Is the Serbu threaded for chokes? I doubt it, but it would be easy enough to fix.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Here is a good video of the Salvo 12.

The serialized item is the back cap like on the Osprey, which is the least likely part to be damaged. As I alluded to earlier, the design is modular and scalable to the user’s needs. The Salvo 12 comes as a 12″ model but can be configured to a 10, 8 or even 6 inch version. This is because, due to ATF rules, a suppressor can be shortened but not lengthened. It is configured with the use of rods and connects to the shot gun via a Removable Choke System. The rods are readily commercially available and not designed specifically for the Salvo 12.

Additional Information on the Salvo 12 Shotgun Suppressor from SilencerCo - Soldier Systems Daily

·
Premium Member
10,658 Posts
So, I was wrong about the rods. That also means they are full of crap about it being tunable. Not by the end user its not and there are no extra parts.
Its basically a big empty rectangular chunk of tube mounted on a choke.

When you buy the 12" you're stuck with it. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
10,658 Posts
But then we have this,

(Quote:
Basically you have two large threaded rods that actually hold the can together and a set of 8 rods that guide the wads. All that is required for disassembly is a provided hex wrench.

The only catch is that you have to buy a rod kit for each length(6",8",and 10") which will retail for $50 (includes the 2 attaching rods and 8 guide rods.)

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
But then we have this,

(Quote:
Basically you have two large threaded rods that actually hold the can together and a set of 8 rods that guide the wads. All that is required for disassembly is a provided hex wrench.

The only catch is that you have to buy a rod kit for each length(6",8",and 10") which will retail for $50 (includes the 2 attaching rods and 8 guide rods.)
That makes more sense. BTW I count 9 guide rods, I wonder if they made a design change already?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts