Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I posted this in the Toyota forum as well, but I need an answer very soon (need to get home), so I figured I wopuld post it here too.

well, just my luck. Help a friend out and somehow the entire truck wont work now. After correctly connecting my friends ricebox to my truck to jumpstart it, he cranks his car right up. We remove the cables and I attempt to start mine to drive away. No electricity. Not even brake lights. Is their a universal fuse that could have gotten blown? The battery is still good as we used it to start his car again. What is wrong? I need an answer quickly as possible cause Ive got to get home frome school.

This is on a 90 Toyota Pickup 4x4 with the 22RE.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
There may be a fuse panel under the hood. It should have a black cover and be on a fenderwell. I don't know if you have one, bit if you do, pop off the cover and check those.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm no Toyota expert, so I'll just throw out a couple suggestions.

1) Check for a small ground wire coming off your negative battery cable and connected to the body near the battery. Some vehicles have them, some don't. If you have one, make sure it's not fried.

2) Basic thing - probably not it but it never hurts to check - make sure your battery cable connections are not corroded or rusted at the battery, and that they are tight.

3) Make sure your negative battery cable has a good clean connection wherever it is grounded to. This has happened to me before.

4) See if you can trace the main power wire going to the fuse box. This fried near the box on my stock Camaro when I tried to start it once. Don't know why it happened. Fixed it, and it has never happened since.

Hope you get it figured out!!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont seem to be any fuses blown in the underhood box.

I have looked at the ground wire and it shows no signs of damage.

The battery connection is kind off shitty, but I fiddled with it and cleaned everything off. Re-connected it. Nothing.

I dont exactly have a 12v test light at my disposal, so.......

Any in cab fuses pertain to the entire truck for some reason.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Sounds like a fusible link to me between the starter and main line or between the alternator and fuse panel in cab....

later...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts