Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I own a 93 yota pickup 3vz-e Friday night I was out playin in the mountains and exploded my radiator fan and punched a hole in my radiator was able to limp it off the mountain and I threw a new radiator in it and went to an electric fan and threw a new thermostat in it well I ain't getting any heat in the cab and it is over flowing into the overflow box... My temp is normal dead center in the gauge and still no heat I've left the system burp by running the motor with the cap off the radiator still nothing I even unhooked the heater core tubes off the fire wall and made sure the heater core was full with water thinking it could be an air pocket and still no heat!.!.!.! Idk what else to do any one got any suggestion??? Also the original radiator the was in it when it exploded was a copper aftermarket one not a stock one but I installed a stock one

·
Registered
172 Posts
Even though its new its probably a bad stat, I had the same problem with my 4.3 last year when I installed it in my Runner. Gauge said temp was normal but you could smell that it was running hot. I pulled the stat out and sure enough it was stuck shut.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
T-stat is not going to have no heat---you have an air pocket not letting the coolant to flow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
test your t-stat before you put them in! Boil some water and drop it in and you should see the t-stat open take it out and watch it close. I learned this after using cheap parts on crappy cars

also check the valve (dont know proper name) that is controlled by the instrument panel to allow hot coolant into the heater core mayeb it broke at the same time you KO your radiator

1 - 6 of 6 Posts