Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with a guy in bainbridge island, WA. He's making a chrysler 8 3/4 drop out to fit directly into a cruiser axle housing. No mods. Reuse axles brakes bla ,bla,bla. Pinion diameter and bearing size supposed to be same as the dana 60. Cast iron housing, ARB, and your choice of gears (down to 6 something) $1800 no core. With billet aluminum housing $2400:eek:
Oh yeah comes with a custom yoke that fits your toyota driveshaft. Also has a c clip eliminator for the rear axle.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I have been hearing about this guy for a long time (2+ years IIRC). If you search back, you may find something.

I would make sure I talked to someone who was happy before I layed down that kind of scratch. You could get a long way into a mog setup for that $$$$.

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
I have been wondering if someone would ever do something like this for Cruisers. I thought it would be cool if Currie (or someone else) could use the HP R&P they use for the 9" housings and make them fit a Cruiser housing.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Yeah I have heard rumors of this guy for a long long time.

If I remember right he is basicly full of it. Never had them never will have them.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
one of the 4x4 mags did an artical on this set up by this guy, was 2+ years ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts