Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if this is old news to you guys but I went to get my Blazer smogged today and as of Jan 1, 1974 vehicles are smog exempt in California :bounce: :bounce2:

·
Registered
17,627 Posts
Smog Law

I think you are exempt from smog inspection. As an outstanding citizen, and aren't we all, aren't you still required to meet the OEM smog for the Year Model ?? I know you would be concerned about this :flipoff2:

Here it is, I bad........... light em up.... http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm#BM2536

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Thats pretty cool. For a while there it looked as if they were going to remove all vehicles from smog exempt status. I wonder if the 74 and older deal applies to all, or if smog enhanced areas are still testable.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
This means I can "Officially" bring my Jeep home ;) ;) from Idaho;) ;) , where it has been ;) for the last 5 years. ;)

I sure did miss all the wheeling;) that I COULD have ;) done in it.;)

·
Registered
886 Posts
thats for all zones, doesn't matter if you live in the boondocks or in the middle of the city. if its 74 or older it doesn't have to be smogged.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.