Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well yesterday I bought a 83 pickup and it was running good when we loaded it on the trailer but the battery was dead and when we got back to drop it off I put the battery from my willys in it except that I was really tired and it was dark and I hooked it up backwards and now it wont spark. I checked the fuse panel and there where 3 blown fused and I replaced them this morning. but I still wont spark. what should I check? are there any other fuses I might be missing? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Does the engine turn over or is it totally dead? If it's dead the battery is drained and needs to be recharged.

If it turns over test the electrical system with a test light. Check the wiring starting from the plugs, then to the distributor, coil, alternater module(I forgot the exact name) etc.

Check for melted wiring, test each fuse with a fuse tester and don't presume they are good "if it looks okay".

After that you will need to verify the relays with a multi meter(see FSM) for specs

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, just got my tester going and power stops at the coil so tomorrow I am going to buy everything after that and all should be well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts