Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Official announcement:

There will be a NOHVCC workshop in October in Sacramento held in conjunction with Region5 of the US Forest Service.

Dates:

October 11 & 12, Thursday and Friday, are geared towards Forest Service personnel.

October 13 & 14, Saturday and Sunday, are geared towards OHV enthusiasts. Although there are differences in the agendas, the public is welcome to attend all 4 days.

It is a free workshop, (and they give you food!) but there are a limited number of people able to attend. Only 100 can attend - so if you want to go, let me know immediately. There will also be a link on the NOHVCC.org website shortly, but if you want a reservation now, I'll get you on the list.

Amy

·
Land Use Zeus
2,881 Posts
NOHVCC workshops Worthwhile

These workshops are very worthwhile and you should attend if you really want to know more about the process and meet some feds at the same time. It's highly valuable. We were disappointed in the Reno workshop because not that many of us were able to attend. Sac should be easier to get to for a lot of readers here. It's worth it!

You won't find any better place to learn about Route Dez. This is the workshop that the large national groups have been working on for a over a year to get us a chance to get up to speed.

Try to get there if you can.
Del

·
Land Use Zeus
2,881 Posts
Randii overseas over our dead bodies

I'll be there unless my company sends me overseas again. :rolleyes:Randii
I think we should find a way to take up a HUGE collection to make Randii full time land use and access and skip this overseas crap! What's with this trying to make a living (and being away from our work to save this trail). :D

Del

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Amy i should be in for the saturday and sunday, have to find big gifts for the wife and kids...so I will have a home to go to:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
I attended the public portion of the workshop in Reno last weekend. The following our my thoughts after the second day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrusher
www.nohvcc.org

As far as I'm concerned, it's a must for anyone involved in landuse issues.

Your absolutly right ! Today was day two. It was just as informative as yesterday. I'll try to make a long story short.

The main speakers are retired USFS supervisors and executives. The basic theme of the workshop is, we've been at ground zero, we know how the process works, and we're here to help user groups anyway we can.

These guys are working the same issues we are in their own communities. They had so much information and concern about the trail inventory process,IMO you couldn't have a better source for understanding the issues we all face. If your passionate about whats going on, you would do yourself a disservice if you didn't take advantage of these seminars.

I didn't wheel this weekend, but it was a small price to pay for the insight and stratagies that I learned in the seminars.

·
flamethrower
12,606 Posts
I'll be there if it doesn't conflict with some "other" land use training I've committed too.:D

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
I am going to put this on my agenda to attend.

October is a busy month for me with club duties, and UFWDA duties.

Todd
UFWDA
Director of Environmental Affairs

·
Land Use Zeus
2,881 Posts
Oct. 13th Cal4 Day for all of us

Cal4 is doing their Fun Day on Oct. 13th and that has to take priority for some of us. I believe in supporting our state association and this is the Sierra Trek that never was. It's a fun raising day and I hope to see many of you there.

Read more and download the flyer here:
http://www.delalbright.com/Articles/cal4_fun_day.html

It's too bad we sometimes overlap on our choices, but if you are going to the NOHVCC workshop and cannot attend the Cal4 event, just send a donation to help the Association.
You're covered both ways that way. :)

Del

·
Premium Member
9,561 Posts
Cal4 is doing their Fun Day on Oct. 13th and that has to take priority for some of us. I believe in supporting our state association and this is the Sierra Trek that never was. It's a fun raising day and I hope to see many of you there.
There is plenty of opportunity to DO BOTH!

The NOHVCC conference starts before and runs after the Fun Day, and I recommend both. Take a Fun Day off from the conference, and do both!

Here are several URLs -- NOHVCC uses an automated script entry, so try these top-to-bottom, and I'm pretty sure one of 'em will work!
https://conference.nohvcc.org/?EVENT&EVENTCODE=010193-35&PASSWORD=4718&template=rdwCA
https://conference.nohvcc.org/EXEC/0/0f3sir11tn5tx11duu5bo1tbldio

Randii

1 - 12 of 12 Posts