Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My throwout bearing went bad I continue driving it because it was all that I had until I physically could not drive it anymore there was a horrible knocking and grinding sound which I assume the teeth in the clutch may be broke loose I took it into a mechanic he replaced the whole clutch pressure plate throwout bearing and everything else that goes in it when I got it back it was still making the same noise when I disengage the clutch there’s still the whining noise he said it may be a breaking issue but I just wanna make sure That I don’t continue driving it and miss something else up I don’t know much about jeeps or four wheel drives but I’ve had this one for about six years is it normal for it to make a noise after getting the whole clutch replace it sounds like it did when the throwout bearing was going out

·
Registered
72 Posts
How loud is it? Worn snout on the transmission the throw out bearing slides on and a bad pilot bearing come to mind. A good mechanic will notice those and give you a call during install if they’re bad though.

Clutch break-ins have always been silent for me FWIW.

For future reference, it’s usually cheaper to take Uber or Lyft for a few days than keep driving when something starts making noise. A noise is like a pain in your knee: if you keep going, the damage is gonna get a lot worse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts