Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I need to make my non-HO 5.0 into a HO?

upper and lower HO intake
HO fuel injectors and rails (can I use my rails with 19 or larger injectors?)
HO throttle body & egr
MAF sensor
stang computer and wiring harnesses

Am I overlooking anything? Can I reuse anything that I have?

Thanks
Jason

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
You want the E7TE heads - don't know which ones you have. Also, do you have roller lifters? You might need to get the conversion kit for that too. And yes, the firing order changes so make sure you get a good HO cam, like the E-303 or B-303 FMS cam.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I have the E6 heads, but why do I need to change heads? and the roller lifters, what's the deal with that?

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
The HO forged pistons and E7TE heads, have higher compression, larger ports and valves, and along with the hydraulic cam and valve eyebrows allows for more lift and much better breathability.
The non HO heads utilize high swirl combustion chambers which are useless for performance.
Any builder I have talked too, says that replacement of the heads is essential to bring a non HO up to par with an HO.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Re: Re: non-HO to HO?

ROCKSFORBRAINS said:

Shoudn't this be in chit-chat?:p

Yuk,yuk,yuk, that was very helpfull tech info,...shouldnt you be in chit chat.
Fawkin idiots, flappin thier lips while the adults are trying to talk performance is annoying.
Someone come and get your kid!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It'll cost me more to get my non-HO up to par than just buying an HO. So, I am just going to pick up an HO next week. Before when I didn't have a job, time wasn't an issue, but money was. Now, I have a job and time isn't my friend, but money is a little easier to come by (not much friendlier though).

Any body want my non-HO real cheap? w/ computer and everything. Sh*t, I'll even throw in the 8.8 w/ disc brakes and an AOD tranny for freaking free.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Did you ever get that engine to fire up?

I gotta say it again, when you get your HO, I would sure recommend that you buy the Ford Racing Harness from Summit.
It comes with great install instructions, and eliminates a lot of the BS not needed the harness.
I kept my stock harness and used it for connectors and wires, to make factory quality tie-ins to all of my connections.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope, never had a chance to work on it since I last posted and am tired of pulling my hair out over it. My father had a liver transplant a few weeks ago so he took priority over my Jeep. Now that he is doing better, I can get back into my things, somewhat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts