Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Dude, there are quite a few good crawling trails around Reno. The problem is I dont have a gps and to get to most of the trails you have to know the area. Nevada doesnt have a very good off-highway road system in place so its kinda hard to just tell someone how to get to a certain trail. Most roads are not numbered.

The best way to do it would be to set a date to come into town for a day of wheeling and we can show you some trails.

I have done some exploreing around the Moonroocks area and there is an assload of trails but I havent found any rocks to crawl.
But that doesnt mean they are not there, lots more to explore.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yeah I know a few trails, but like t wrecks said, it's hard to give directions to most of them as there are thousands of un-named and un-numbered roads. If you let us know when you'll be in town, I can usually arrange a run from easy to impossible. Some of the guys from the Suzuki board are planning a run on the Sunday after the RCAA event at Moonrocks. You can check in there for the info. Otherwise, you can reach me at 775-337-6354, at [email protected], or you can post a message on my club's forum at www.battleborncruisers.com.

And I prefer not to just give directions to everyone. Just this weekend at Bronco Canyon, I saw enough irresponsible non-local yahoos to keep all of the trails I know of secret.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
t wrecks and FeCamel, I plan on getting a hold of your guys and coming out your way. I used to live in Tahoe and spent many years riding (motocross) in the Moonrocks, 7th St Pits, white sand pits south of Reno, Carson City and Sparks areas. But at the time I did not own a crawler or was into the sport at that time. So I never paid much attension to all the possilbe rock crawling areas that could be had. But I know there has got to be a ton of it. I will give you guys atleast a weeks notice before I come out that way. :beer:

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
FeCamel said:
And I prefer not to just give directions to everyone. Just this weekend at Bronco Canyon, I saw enough irresponsible non-local yahoos to keep all of the trails I know of secret.
we were up there. I came back with a full bag of coors beer cans. :mad: Who ever was drinking coors up there, PICK UP YOUR SHIT!!!!!

hey matt, I did you see any stompers ruining shit? Let me know, that's NOT thing we take lightly.

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hey matt at least we had fun, I did anyway. It's much easier to have fun with a SMALL group though, probably 5 reliable rigs or less.:) Roc dog if you'd been there (bronco canyon) this weekend with us you wouldn't even expect us or someone else to give out specific directions to the best trails over the internet for the whole world to see.:flipoff2: On the other hand you could come over & meet up with some of us in a SMALL group for some good wheelin, there are good places out there...:)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Blutoylit - Sounds good dude! I am all over getting in touch with you guys and checking out the NV crawling spots. Bronco Cayon looks like fun. Is that close to the Reno Area? I plan on doing a trip out to your neck of the woods on the 19th and 20th of April. Any of your guys available that weekend and want to do some wheeling. And trust me, I am not an idiot that trashes places. On any given trip through the Con, I will come out with an extra bag of trash that I pick up from idiots who dont pack their trash. It kills me!!! Plus I did both the Pirate Con Cleanup and Fordyce Cleanups this last year. So I do respect and I do understand the whole "local stash thing" and not board casting it for the whole world to see.
blutoylit said:
Hey matt at least we had fun, I did anyway. It's much easier to have fun with a SMALL group though, probably 5 reliable rigs or less.:) Roc dog if you'd been there (bronco canyon) this weekend with us you wouldn't even expect us or someone else to give out specific directions to the best trails over the internet for the whole world to see.:flipoff2: On the other hand you could come over & meet up with some of us in a SMALL group for some good wheelin, there are good places out there...:)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hey roc dog you sound like a good guy to wheel with, maybe we can get together one of these days. Ya no matter where a guy goes there's plenty of trash to pick up it seems. I feel good about doing that, but I hate picking up other people's crap from that same day or same run!:mad: Yes bronco canyon is close to reno.

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
blutoylit said:
Hey roc dog you sound like a good guy to wheel with, maybe we can get together one of these days. Ya no matter where a guy goes there's plenty of trash to pick up it seems. I feel good about doing that, but I hate picking up other people's crap from that same day or same run!:mad: Yes bronco canyon is close to reno.
did they ever get that bronco out of the box? Why they winched it all the way thru instead of going back out I will never know.

·
Registered
734 Posts
GloNDark said:
hey matt, I did you see any stompers ruining shit? Let me know, that's NOT thing we take lightly.

Yeah I didn't recognize you, I saw the "Glo-machine" though. I was gonna say hi. I don't know who was from which club for the most part. We picked up quite a few Coors cans as well as a bunch of water bottles and gatorade bottles. The biggest offender was the first Jeep, it was white with blue flames. The idiot went "mud-bogging" through the marsh when there clearly wasn't a road, he even drove over the fallen tree blocking that way. I told him he was off the trail and he just said "I don't see any signs." Then we went and built that huge log fence to prevent others from doing the same crap.

I don't know why they pulled that Bronco all the way through either, they stopped a lot of people from trying the best part of the trail. They eventually got it started and got it out. They had to push start it.

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
I know who he is, I will have a talk with him about his irresponsible actions.

Other wise, I had a killer day. Wish we had more time to go up the canyon a little further but hey, next time. :D

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
I will never understand how or why anyone can rightfully throw a can out the door after drinking it or leave a spot and not make sure they have packed their trash. :mad: Fawking idiots!
Let me know when you are planning your next either wekend or day trip and I will drive out to meet up with you guys. I am good to go any given weekend. I am actually trying to figure out a place to wheel this coming weekend that is not covered in snow. Let me know!
blutoylit said:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Our club is doing Tracy/Clark this weekend (4/5/03). We are meeting at the Lockwood exit from I-80 (about 5 miles east of Reno/Sparks) at 10:00 AM. Anyone is welcome to attend.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I am there. What is Tracy/Clark trail like? Big rock? One day trip? How long? Should I contact you for details?
FeCamel said:
Our club is doing Tracy/Clark this weekend (4/5/03). We are meeting at the Lockwood exit from I-80 (about 5 miles east of Reno/Sparks) at 10:00 AM. Anyone is welcome to attend.

·
Registered
734 Posts
There's a bunch of little canyons filled with rocks. You've seen the Bronco pics, it's sort of like a bunch of mini Bronco Canyons. It can be a little tougher because you can't go around the big ones, you have to go over them. We'll probably be out there all day, but you can make it as long as you want. You can call or e-mail me if you want more info.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Sounds like fun. I will be bringing pirate member "Crust" with me who has just finished his rig and this will be his first time behind the wheel of it on the trail. He is pumped! Do you have a cell phone number? I will give you a call to confirm meeting and trail details. My number to call me is 530-306-3009. This is my cell so you will be able to get a hold of me on Saturday morning on this number to make sure we are on time to meet up with you. I hope to trailer my rig but if I do not get a trailer it will be a slow drive from Sacramento. But lets talk ASAP so I can get some more info. And thanks for letting us tag along, we are stoked to make this Reno Run!

FeCamel said:
There's a bunch of little canyons filled with rocks. You've seen the Bronco pics, it's sort of like a bunch of mini Bronco Canyons. It can be a little tougher because you can't go around the big ones, you have to go over them. We'll probably be out there all day, but you can make it as long as you want. You can call or e-mail me if you want more info.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Looks like this weekend is out because of weather heading over the pass into Reno. Supose to snow and has been snowing for days up there. My rear wheel wells are cut open right now to fit my tires so it will pitch all that road grime right into the interior of my rig. Not to mention driving my trail rig on a dry road is pucker factor enough. Driving over a snowy pass could be a more hairier than I care to endor.

But I would like to come out there in the next couple of weeks. Do any of you Reno guys plan on doing any more trips in the near future?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Ya sissy! :flipoff2: We go at least once a month and there are a lot of other clubs that go out that often too. We can always plan a trip when you can make it. I can usually rally a few guys for wheeling at any time. Just let us know.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
SISSY? :flipoff2: I am good to go any time it is not dumping over the pass. I emailed you a date in 2 weeks. Just keep me informed if you want to try again that weekend. 19th 20th of this month?

FeCamel said:
Ya sissy! :flipoff2: We go at least once a month and there are a lot of other clubs that go out that often too. We can always plan a trip when you can make it. I can usually rally a few guys for wheeling at any time. Just let us know. [/QUOTE

21 - 38 of 38 Posts