Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
28,768 Posts
I am sure that my wife would not be very happy with me if I oven cured gun parts, well anything really, in "her" oven.
my wife was less upset about the use of the oven and more upset about the smell that permeated the house from cooking off VOCs in paint.

I have to heat cure these wheels I'm refinishing.

I'm just gonna do it while she's at work.
:laughing:

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
my wife was less upset about the use of the oven and more upset about the smell that permeated the house from cooking off VOCs in paint.

I have to heat cure these wheels I'm refinishing.

I'm just gonna do it while she's at work.
:laughing:
Yea, that smell will still be there when she returns from work. :flipoff2:

I have an "extra" 220 line from when we went with gas for our new dryer. I have considered buying a used electric oven and putting it in the garage. Also, I seem to remember DOC14 making some sort of a gun part oven out of a toaster oven.

·
Unregistered User
9,026 Posts
I did this guy just recently with Alumahyde. It was a heavily rusted Star BM that i got for $100. Someone left it in a tackle box. I removed as much rust as a could, then just painted over the pitting. Looks good IMHO.

You suck, I've been looking all over for a cheap one of those to do something similar with, but every one I've found has been $220+.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I planned to convert a hunter but I cheaped out on buying a galil kit...so I just used random parts I had laying around
ace triangle stock, savage rifle rear sight, cetme handguard and a chopped barrel to 14 inch and pinned muzzle

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I have some questions about this build.

(1) Is the Centme handguard just bolted on or is there some sort of retainer near the receiver?
(2) What kind of work did you do to the rear of the receiver? It doesnt look stock but it doesnt look like a Galil rear-end either.

Looks dope and is somewhat similar to the look I want to go for. Clean, simple, and does the job.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I have some questions about this build.

(1) Is the Centme handguard just bolted on or is there some sort of retainer near the receiver?
(2) What kind of work did you do to the rear of the receiver? It doesnt look stock but it doesnt look like a Galil rear-end either.

Looks dope and is somewhat similar to the look I want to go for. Clean, simple, and does the job.
the cetme handguard is bolted thru the front sight and between the barrel and gas tube. it seems to work ok. had to remove lots of wood and some metal off the front sight and gas block to make it work.
the rear i welded a tromix 2 bolt end plate and filled the angle cut with material.
if it did it again I'd cut the receiver and weld a galil stub.
I'll look for better pics

41 - 45 of 45 Posts