Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yup, we are heading south of the border in April to make another run at winning the Super Vintage class on my 1970 Husky 400 Cross.

We will also be campaigning a 2014 KTM 500 in the Modern Open class.

EDIT---adding another bike to the fray! We decided to rebuild my old 1998 KX250, and my 15 year old son will race it in the 2-stroke only class!!!

I feel we did really well last year for a bunch of new kids on a 45 year old bike, but have a 3rd and 2nd place Baja trophy and I need a 1st place one to round out my trophy case!!

Registration opens 15 September instead of the usual 1 January!

I will start a "rebuild" thread as soon as I finalize a few things!!

Rob

#9 KX 3 Hundo
#19 McQueen Kong
#99 KTM 5 Hundo

·
Registered
263 Posts
Remember to gas before each stage this time will ya :flipoff2:.

Good luck Rob, not sure if I will be racing this year.

-John

·
Registered
139 Posts
I will be in my 70 Burb CHASING (not racing) again for the Kaysinger Bronco....just glad I have an excuse to go play in Baja.

Always a great time and a fun race format.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I hear it was pretty expensive to enter the NORRA? Is that true?
The number is not small, but when you consider it is four days and 1300+ miles I think you'll find the value is pretty good compared to other options.

I believe this year NORRA has also made material cuts to entry fees for motorcycles and for 1600cc car classes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I hear it was pretty expensive to enter the NORRA? Is that true?
It's ~$3K plus co-drivers and crew wristbands. (~4K for pro unltd. and ~2K for bikes/quads) This year they've implemented a payment option also which makes it an easier nut to crack. You can go $500 down and set up payment for the balance, or monthly payment plans.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I know my team is headed down again with two cars (Prerunner and 5 car) but haven't decided if I am going down with or not. If so, will have to have a Pirate meetup at Paris maybe...

·
Registered
90 Posts
PCI Race Radios will be sending a few riders to compete in Norra 2016. Not sure what class everyone will be competing in; but each rider will be riding ironman down the peninsula. If we can get a hold of good vintage bike, we will have at least one entry in the vintage class.

·
Vertical Limits
5,037 Posts
As always, totally badass. I wish Miles and I could jump on and crew with you fawkers one time

1 - 16 of 16 Posts