Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hopin some of you fellow Okies can help me out. I've been hearin about a new (?) 4x4 park in the Muskogee area. I think its called Robertsons or Richardsons or something like that. Anyone help??

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Never heard of it. However, ive been out of the 4x4 scene for a couple years and just now getting back into it with a 97 TJ. Id be interested to hear more about this place.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Yeah, it's a new event park down just south of Muskogee. I went out there after an event once, just to check the place out (it's got potential). My buddy MudBug is involved with it. There are several pics from the last event on his site...(the first 20 or so from this page http://mudbug4x4.com/competition_pics.htm

more info on this park... http://richardsonsoffroad.com/index.htm

There is an event coming up Sept 15th-16th... http://richardsonsoffroad.com/schedule.htm

It's just some local guys trying to get something going for guys to have another place to play...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Rebell, It's called Richardson's Off Road Challenge. It is down in Summit, right off 69 Hwy.They are going to have a MudBog, Rock Challenge, Obstacle Course. They are suppose to put one on Sept 15-16th, and have another one sometime in Oct. I have been to them, and it is awesome. That is what we need is another place to play. Come on out, I will be there!!!! You can contact Bill Richardson at 441-0933. I have the info right here in front of me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, they have been working on this track everynight. Working on the MudPit, Moving Rocks around so that everyone can get over them without flipping. We have a log jam with a tank trap and they also added a "PLAY PIT", which is awesome!!! It is going to be alot of fun. We are trying to add a few more things to do....they are in the works, I will update and let you know!!

·
Registered
631 Posts
How big is this place (acres)? Is it all man made stuff or are there some natural obstacles there as well? Is it the kind of place that you need to love mud to have a good time? Are there any trails?

It MIGHT be worth going to check out and if you don't like it, just head over to Gruber for some FREE wheeling with trails and rocks and good scenery.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It is a very big place, Im not sure exactly how many acres that we are using, but he has 80 acres. It is all man made, there are a couple creeks that we play in also. I have a bunch of photos from the event on www.myspace.com/mudbugmotorsports along with our website on www.mudbug4x4.com. Alot of big rocks and alot of mud. I think it is worth the drive to come down, and yes there is always Gruber, but I think you will have more fun here...LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes Rebel, It is a two day event and there is on site camping, restroom, concession. Mud Bug MotorSports will also have a booth up with parts of different kinds and t-shirts. Rumor has it that MudBug's daughter's will be driving the buggy! His oldest daughter will be driving in the obstacle course and his youngest daughter will be driving in the MudBoggs. That will be fun to watch.

·
HOORAY BEER
1,356 Posts
How would it compare to D-Day in Wyandotte? They have somedecent trails there as well as mud pits and a small rock garden.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It will be a little more organized...LOL , it may not have trails but they had close to 1000 on the very first event and it ran really smooth. I think it would be worth coming to check out.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
How does this compare to Mudstock at Sparks? I'm thinking of coming over...

How does the rockpile compare to Sparks? They made that thing almost impassable this year!

What are the trails like at Camp Gruber?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well MudBug attends MudStock and Sparks and it is just about the same except that it is family oriented. You can still bring your own drinks, but there will not be any "skin" showing. We do have some younsters that are intering and the man that owns the property also wants it to be something that people can bring their kids too. At the present time we are also trying to get a mechanical bull and an inflateable jumper for the kids (that is still be worked on) I will let you know if that pans out.

Gruber is a lot of fun also, but like Tulsachokehold said, the tracks are a little narrow, but we still have a lot of trails that we take our buggy down and the is a creek bed that is pretty challenging. The stair case is fun and there is a pond to go through if you like that kind of thing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
About the rock pile......he has moved some rocks around to make it where people can actually get over them, they do have plans to bring in somemore rocks also.
I think it will be worth the drive that anyone makes !!
We also have two live bands that are going to play from 7pm to midnight!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just found out that they are working on getting some cars that we can climb on and there will be a Flex Ramp. Last time we had the Flex Ramp there was a couple of guys that launched there jeeps off it. It was pretty fun to watch those crazy guys...LOL

1 - 20 of 30 Posts