Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
my name is Jens Erik Klausen and i live in Norway. i wil try to make a tread about my rockbouncer build on this site. not good at write in english but i`l try :)

i have previous driven offroad Trail competition in "stock class" and formula offroad Modified class. but now its time to build a rockbouncer for the Proto class here in Norway.
specs:
Chevy 400 smallblock
TH350 Manual valve body
Toyota hilux transfer with Advanse adapters adapter
2.5 tons Rockwell with stock Airlockers
Front and Rear steer with linelock all around
42x14-16 Superswamper Irok on 10x16 custom rims with beadlock
K-link front and rear
280cm wheelbase
not sure if i use 2.5 Airshock or Coilovers but time wil show

nobody have ever build a "US" inspired rockbouncer here in norway so i have just looked at some pictures and make the drawing in my head :)
pics in next post

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
the last car i buldt. with a 540cid bigblock and 609 axles

and a Suzuki SJ413 with a Volvo B230a engine with ARB locker in front and welded spiders in the rear. discbrake all around and steering box from suzuki Jimny

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
I like it. Keep up the thread.

Only concern i have is that poor toyota transfer case. They usually dont like big v8 power and big tires. Did you use a yota case in your previous builds?

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Hell yeah! :smokin:

Are you doing all the tube work with what looks like a Greenlee conduit kinker in that one pic? If so, well played sir.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks
Yes i have just that bender to work with so its a lot of thinking before bending;)

In the formula offroad car i used np241 not that transfer is wery long for this build. I really want a NP205 but that is expensive and hard to find around here:(

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I understand one of the two flag choices in your workshop:flipoff2:

·
Registered
818 Posts
I can see the kinking from here. You can get into a good JD2 bender here in the states for less than $1000.

Not going to stop me from following this build though!

·
4X4 HACK
2,970 Posts
Ser bra ut, jeg liker hvordan du sa du så på noen bilder og laget noen tegninger i hodet ditt. Mye hvis gutta bruke 3D-programvare som er ok, men theres et forskjellig følelse når du bare gå med det i hodet ditt. Hva er ditt navn på pirate.no? Jeg oversetter mange tråder å engelsk med en overs.
-Jason

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks:blush: A'm Klausen on Pirate4x4.no too. And Klausen Racing on facebook:)
Its a lot of fun to build step by step. I have some 3D drawings that i have made with pen and paper but most of them is just in my head:wink:

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
I don't know that the American hill killers will accept this as a bouncer with only one B-Pillar and decent forward visibility, although, bonus points for the double pointy tube terminations in the front . :D

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is the "nordic" style proto cars. A lot smaller and ligther than a rockbouncer but also slower then most of the cars use a vw 1.8 fwd engine and gearbox. So it will be fun to race with them:blush:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
pic of the trayback truck I see out in front in post #5? looks like a fullsize pickup size cabover of some sort?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts