Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reserving this spot for my new home.

I am looking at houses in the greater Phoenix area right now. I could use some comments (since small 2-4 car garages are the norm here) On door hight and floor space. How do some of you that live on normal people salary make do with the limited space you have? I will be posting pictures of garages here tonight after I am done house shopping. I must have RV gate and at least a 2 car garage (I want 4).

For those of you that live out in the country I am jelous. I however do not, so none of this shed the size of an airport hanger on my 10 acres crap.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
i saw one on CL that had a 3 car garage plus RV gate on the side to a 40x20 shop/garage/rv storage. They were asking 220k i think. This was a while ago so i dont know if its still around but just search for "shop" on CL. It was over by El Mirage.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Check this one out down here in Maricopa, 3 acres 6000 sq. ft. shop, and a 3 bed house.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
How do some of you that live on normal people salary make do with the limited space you have? .
I limit myself to ONE big project at a time. It sucks but it keeps my small garage workable.

I am lucky enough to have a long ass driveway so I can park my daily drivers in driveway -- yet still have enough room to pull my scout out of the garage to work on it in the open.

Everything has it's place -- trailer in the side yard. DD's in the driveway - projects in the garage.

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
And a shed in the backyard!

That was the single biggest help to being able to work in my garage. Before the shed I had to take the trailer and Jeep out, move a bunch of shit that sat on either side of the trailer and Jeep out, do my project and move everything back in at the end of the day.

I put the shed in the backyard, built a doulbe gate on the side of the house to get the trailer and kayaks out of the garage, and now, pretty much all that's in the garage in the Jeep and tools.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I limit myself to ONE big project at a time. It sucks but it keeps my small garage workable.

I am lucky enough to have a long ass driveway so I can park my daily drivers in driveway -- yet still have enough room to pull my scout out of the garage to work on it in the open.

Everything has it's place -- trailer in the side yard. DD's in the driveway - projects in the garage.
I live in Goodyear and have a 3 car garage and an RV gate and it still isn't enough. I pretty much do it like this guy. I just get jealous when I see big shops on here and keep telling myself that one day I will get there. I only have a 7' door on my garage and my Dodge's roof rubs the weather stripping driving in when I have it cleaned enough to park in there. I tried to go 8' doors when I was having it built but it wasn't feasible.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Pics incoming. I think I found the house I want, putting an offer in on it soon.... RV gate is there but small as fawk. Gotta resize gimme a sec.

Edit: camera battery is dead, gotta wait.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
if you want to live in the city spend some time looking around. We bought in downtown Phoenix and I have a two car oversized garage with a long driveway. Only thing I don't have is RV access but I can back my trailer down the driveway. It's even in the historic district (meaning they typically don't even have garages) the houses are out there just spend some time looking and you'll find what you want.

I'll say you have a huge advantage looking in phoenix for rv gates. All the other places in the country I have lived RV gates are very rare. here in Phoenix they are a dime a dozen.

-ben

·
Registered
308 Posts
Did you get eh link and the pics?

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I was in the exact same boat as you last summer.

I settled for a two car with a small RV gate cause my little house is pimp and Im on the golf course.

Do yourself a favor and get a 3 car!

I have a car at my grandma's, a trailer at a friends house in Queen Creek, a buggy at a friends house in Cal, a 2 trucks in the driveway, and a quad and tools in the garage :homer:

I just did a brake job this morning on my buddies truck and it sucks balls working on a slanted driveway in the summer heat.

The trick to a two car is keeping all your shit on wheels or portable (compressor, welder, torch outfit, tool boxes/carts, press).

Trust me, you will kick yourself if you don't get a 3 car!

·
Registered
697 Posts
I built all my rigs in my 3 car with rv gate. I owned them all at the same time for a little while as well. The wife gets pretty pissed when there is no where to park and the temps get over 100*, but she is getting used to it! :grinpimp: I keep telling her once I get the buggy painted she can have her spot in the garage back. I wonder when that will happen? :D

Overdosed, be patient. Inventory has dropped dramatically in the past few weeks. The banks postponed a large amount of trustees sales to see what would shake out with any new fed programs. They are now moving aggressively to complete the trustees sales and get these properties off the books. You will see a ton of properties come to market this summer with increase in inventory and prices getting better again. The last few weeks have been brutal and competitive as this is the buying season. The desirable homes are getting multiple bids if they are reasonably priced.

If you want help, email me. I know the area.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I built all my rigs in my 3 car with rv gate. I owned them all at the same time for a little while as well. The wife gets pretty pissed when there is no where ..........

Email sent, resizing pictures I took right now.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Pros:

Decent neighborhood.
Huge driveway, with the side yard in concrete.
2,815 square feet.
5 bedrooms 4 baths.
BBQ patio with the fire pit.
a patch of grass in the backyard for the pups.
Apoxy garage floors, cabinets and a small workbench installed.

Cons:

Carpet and tile (I like wood)
Costs a shit ton to cool down during the summer, probably about a 300 doller electric bill.
no pool, though I am starting to think it is a good thing because the one I have now is a bitch to keep clean.
Side yard where RV gate is, is a lot smaller than it looks.

·
Registered
763 Posts
thats a nice house. I'm in the same boat. I plan on moving to Gilbert by the end of June. I;m lookking for a house in Mesa and I'm looking for 2-3 car garage with rv gate. I'm broke and can't afford 200k plus house.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thats a nice house. I'm in the same boat. I plan on moving to Gilbert by the end of June. I;m lookking for a house in Mesa and I'm looking for 2-3 car garage with rv gate. I'm broke and can't afford 200k plus house.

Lol this one is 152,000 approved by the bank. I will be amazed if I get pre-approved for it though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts