Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took the truck to a ramp a few days ago and tested out the flex... trucks got a bit of a problem. as soon as I hit the ramp, probably at about ~250 rti my rear oposite side starts to rise, I have NO weight in the back. I had my friend stand on the rear tire that was raised, and it dropped to the ground like a rock. have All pros 56" springs in the back. I have an Allpro bed kit. so thats probably why I dont have much weight in the back. what have you guys done to counter this???it feels like the trucks balanced at 75|25 instead of 50|50, cuz of the weight distribution, it does verticallies like a goat:D but generally its satisfactory

I heard about the chevy 63" spring swap is a good idea... but anything else I can do besides strap a few 45lb benching plates to the back?:confused:

[EDIT]
heres the rig, if it helps. thanks.

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Mine does the same thing only not as bad as you said yours does. I made my rear shackle angle 35* or so and that helped, but I do plan to add more weight. All I have is the bed and tank in the rear. The spare is getting hung off the back now as well. Also need a traction bar since mine doesn't climb for shit :mad:

We have similar setups and rigs to. 44044's front and 4" AP rears

Attachments

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
overeasy said:
don't add weight
remove a leaf or more to soften up the pack.

you are right, rear leafs are kinda stiff dont flex until lbs are on it.
this sounds kinda interesting. which leaf could I take off to help me out a bit...

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
I have the same issue, I've bobbed and narrowed the rear of my 4Runner, and now the rear lifts all the time. I tried pulling *a* leaf, to see if that would help, I've got an 8 leaf Alcan pack, I took the third one from the top. Definately softer, but I could hear my CV hitting the crossmember in the parking lot.
I think pulling a shorter leaf, like third one from the bottom might work better, but I think I agree with Bones, put on a traction bar and then start pulling leaves, at least you'll eliminate wrap.
Myself I've got most of the parts together, I am going to set up a 4-link with aerostar coils in the rear of mine, that should help to balance out the flex.

·
Visa Master
2,320 Posts
I too had the same issue with my AOR (Alcan) rear pack, ended up pully 3 leaves out of the pack to get it to flex about 50/50 f/r but axle wrap went way up, gotta get a traction bar fabbed up soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts