:flipoff2: :flipoff2: fawkin newbie:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got ?

got somethin' to say?

don't give me that newbie bull *hit

who's going to post "the first independent Zuk"?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
nozuk said:
repost

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: fawkin newbie:flipoff2: :flipoff2:
Maybe, but at least he has a license. :D

I've often wondered if TTB could be made to work.

On road the issue is camber gain/loss with suspension travel. AFAIK that is the only reason Ford went true IFS/SLA around 1995 or so. That and unsprung weight and custom kleenex box sizes for the console.

Maybe modifying TTB to be a pseudo SLA where the king pin is not attached to the beam would solve that for on-road/high speed type suspension movements.

Let the TTB do it's regular thing when off-road. It's always struck me as a half decent compromise if it can be made strong enough. I guess it is pretty much how a Baja 2WD truck is set up.

My old B2 actually flexed pretty well considering how it was built (early 1990s tech: BL, stiff Skyjacker springs, 31s) and what it was (Dana 28 TTB front axle).

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
They make independent Zuk it's called a sidekick or vitara
:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Those axles shaft he's using are not readily available to the public you have to be special to get those as for Independent suspension is concerned the shit randy and the other guys are using is'nt holding up from what i hear if walker makes this work then the key is where did he get those axle shafts and if it's worth the price in the long run unless you are sponsered or have close ties to the company hat makes them

then some of the shit they said not that site is gay as hell

Could this really be the future of rockcrawling, or at least competitive rockcrawling? Do we need to rethink our position against independent suspension? The answer is yet unknown, but what we have here is the first attempt at a rockcrawling independent suspension that just might have us eating crow.

THis probaly does'nt make sense but :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Not Zuki related....

Repost: sure, but its a kick A$$ rig!

I am really waiting to see how he does.

Hey Moose, check out this link for your Ford TTB Frontend

I know a couple of people running it on BroncoII's, it will give your straight axle a run for its money. It works great in the sand, over dunes, mud and even decent in rocks. It looses ground in hard rock crawling though, mainly becouse its weak Dana 35 pig(aluminum). Most of the guys I know eventually go straigt axle when they move to serious rock crawling. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Did i ever say it's not cool almost all rigs are cool cool in there own respect

·
Registered
330 Posts
hey its cool

why if i had endless muny and didnt give a rats a$$ how i wasted it thats exactly i would do with it .........i would waste it on a cool
looking P.O.S like that...............................

but since i dont have endless muny and i live on planet earth and dont smoke nothing but tobbaco i say they can shuvit where the sun dont shine its to complicated too many parts to break.......

and no it will never be as good as a solid axel...................

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
There is an IFS Zuk in ARCA if you remember ( Randy Ellis's ) with 1 ton center sections. Could it be Walker liked Randy's rig? Randy's first compention with it was at Farmington and I was there taking lots of pictures. Also saw Shaffer's new rig when it was first ran at Farmington with MTR's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts