Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Figure out how much higher it is than you want it, like the thickness of the tube. Make a piece of stiff wire that is that length. Take a Sharpie and that piece of wire to transfer the contour to the tube above it. Hold the wire straight up, and cut away anything that it touches. There may be some spots like the upper end of the tube where you will need to be artistic.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Could you do it with cardboard and transfer it onto the board, cut to shape, then slide it over the tube end and transfer your cut-out onto the tube? Problem is, your tube is curved at that point. Maybe make a template out of a straight tube and transfer it to your tube. Just rambling. Man, thats tooo many tubes in one set of sentences. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
MudzerK5 said:
Could you do it with cardboard and transfer it onto the board, cut to shape, then slide it over the tube end and transfer your cut-out onto the tube? Problem is, your tube is curved at that point. Maybe make a template out of a straight tube and transfer it to your tube. Just rambling. Man, thats tooo many tubes in one set of sentences. :flipoff2:
toilet paper roll?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I have one of those pipe masters, it frigin rocks. no more wasted tube. well after I figured out how to use it. its not as simple as it looks

·
H M F
4,364 Posts
Go to the link I posted, enter the info. Print out the graph, cut it out and roll it around the tube. Same as the toilet paper roll I guess, but it already shows where to cut it and is made to fit around the tube.

It's not rocket science, just cut til it fits. If you cut too much, you gotta start over though :flipoff2:

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
numbers schumbers... get off the fawkin high precsion crap, hold the fucking tube up there, eye ball where to notch it, draw it on there with a pen and start cutting. BE CONSERVATIVE of course only to the nearest 0.00025" though :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
From my experience the coping calculator does'nt work for fitting a notch to a bent piece. Just eyeball it, mark wher to cut and then use your angle or die grinder to get it perfect. Do BOTH sides at the same time. If you do one side and then go to the other you will get a big gap on the other side since the tube has rotated. Blah, if you've done some tedious hand notching before you should know what I mean.
Just takes a little more time but it's not too hard to do.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
http://vansantent.com/pipeMaster.htm

Havn't used one but seams like it should work.

I have one of those pipe masters, it frigin rocks. no more wasted tube. well after I figured out how to use it. its not as simple as it looks
Guess it helps to read all the posts. woops :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Danger Ranger said:
numbers schumbers... get off the fawkin high precsion crap, hold the fucking tube up there, eye ball where to notch it, draw it on there with a pen and start cutting. BE CONSERVATIVE of course only to the nearest 0.00025" though :flipoff2:
x2 if you can build a cage... you can figure this out :D

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Danger Ranger said:
I am not one for number either. I guess i will just start hacking on it but i will start with dirtytoy's template. Thanks for the input everyone!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts