Now that iv'e seen here and there

here is my rockwell's shave

left only 8 mm form the bearing clamps and 10 mm from the ring gear

made from 6 mm steel

:D

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Looks good. I'm attaching the images since your server took 5 minutes for me to load them on a REALLY fast connection. As a favor to the other users, you may wanna kill your links to the pics so they don't all have to wait 10 minutes for the page to load...

Attachments

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
This is the way I'd go if I was going to shave them myself. Everyone who copied the Avalanche plates mentions what a PITA it was, and that they'd have just bought the plates if they did it over. Your style has only 5 plates to shape and weld... and none of them are curved. :D

·
Registered
751 Posts
moveaside said:
Damn that destroy a lot of the argument with Rockwells right there :beer: I'm guessing this doesn't drive down the street so lubrication wasn't a big concern :p
Have you ever seen the inside of a Rock? There is a lot of room left in there. I might be worried if he was putting them on a Cargo Hauler but for anything under 7,000 pouns and not towing much, they are fine.

pcelle- Out of curiousity, how much fluid does it hold now? That might put some people questions to rest.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that's done
now the ring lincon lock ! no detriots or slopy traccion 9 im running pinon brakes so 1/4 turn cloud be the cliff!!!

oil=> not worried much about it , it's not going to see any roads

it will be towed by

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
damn! Thats badass! it looks like simular things could be done to other axles, ie ford 9" to create some god rock protection. nery nice work :cool2:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

here goes the rig its a starting point, the idea is to create a structure that's an unibody that bolts on to the chasis , and weld's on at some point's
so that when im thru with it i can discard it and buil a complete unibody

·
Registered
794 Posts
looks good man...real nice...
where did you get that tj hood and grille?...i'm gonna build a unibody crawler in about 4 months...i'm gonna use a tj hood and grille...is it glass?...thanks

James

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I copied them out of a TJ

most of the body will be made of f.glass but the tub

next up date !!! engine ford 460 or a cummins turbo diesel ? I have these two options

:smokin:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts