Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey gang, i am in the middle of building a np 203/205 doubler that will be hooked to a np 435. My question is what adapter do i need to hook the transmission to the transfer case?
Im pretty sure i will have to have one to connect the 4 speed to the 203 is this correct? or am i trying to make things to complicated?

If i need the one specifically to connect the 4 speed to the 203 does anybody have any idea where to get one of the things? thanks in advance,kevin

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
when i had to find a kinda rare sm465/203 adapter the only place i found it was e-bay for a factory one. maybe also contact Sumner machine.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hopefully you are using a Ford 4WD NP-435 because the tailshaft standout must match the adapter length. If so, 90% or more NP-435 adapters will bolt to either the 203 or 205 since they use the exact same pattern and that goes for almost any Ford t-case as well. You just need to stay away from the adapter from an F-100 4 x 4 that used the Dana 21 one-speed case. If you just separated the 435 from the 205, then the 203 bolts right up the same way.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
You'll most likely want the 203 rangebox sitting vertical like it does from the factory, but if your doubler adapter isn't already set you may want to think about your front driveline angle and shift linkage geomery before setting the final clocking angle on the 205.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea im pretty much gonna mock up all of it and the take it back apart and weld up th doubler. im running a high pinion axle though so i dont think the front driveshaft angle will be bad,the rear on the other hand i am a bit concerned about due to the extra length of the doubler.

·
Vendor
1,408 Posts
yea im pretty much gonna mock up all of it and the take it back apart and weld up th doubler. im running a high pinion axle though so i dont think the front driveshaft angle will be bad,the rear on the other hand i am a bit concerned about due to the extra length of the doubler.
How much lift and what truck?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts