Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked in the mud section but didnt get any answers. I started building my new mudtruck frame. Goin with triangle 4 link front and back. Dana 60/14 bolt. Wanting to go rear engine. But dont have the money for a profab box. Can i mount a devorced np205 in the front, facing backwards and run the front output back to the center mount np200? I run about 650 hp and a turbo 400/205 now. 11.2x 24 aggs.

·
blatant asshole
11,831 Posts
it wont reverse anything. it will act as a 1 axle o/d.

for a reverser/ counter rotation output you need a 2 gear/dirrect contact drive system. that way the counter clockwise rotation of the motor is turned into clockwise rotation for the axles.

or flip your axles up side down

or run rockwells

or dual gmc rev front loader diff's

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. So plan b. Can i set the motor back and run a rear mounted np205 then run back to the center mount 200. I wanna run 2 t cases for gearing and cuz i have a bunch laying around. The np 200 would b mounted backwards.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just thinking out loud but what about the gearbox from a V-drive boat?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
It doesn't matter what orientation the cases are mounted in. If you mount your engine backwards your driveshafts will turn backwards. And that's not even getting into details of why you shouldn't run the cases backwards. This topic has been covered many times some searching will answer the questions in detail.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. Thanks. I just couldnt find anything about the t cases reversing power. That makes perfect sense. 1 other question.can i mount the np 200 backwards as long as i keep the input the same?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
From what I understand, as long as you are powering the input side you're fine. When you power the out put side it pisses off the helical cut gears and thrust surfaces.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bet it wouldnt like that. So will the 205 live, using low range and only using the input and the front output. Just racing no trails or playing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts