Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time asking a question on this forum and it is because I feel I have exhausted my search button and I am still unable to find the information that I am looking for.

I have a "new to me" buggy with the ORD Magnum/NP205 TC that is triple sticked. I have used it several times and I am really enjoying it. I am impressed with the crawl ratio. My transfer case is clocked (is mounted level) and I am trying to figure out how much fluid I need to put in the TC. I know that the stock position on the NP205 normally takes 2.5qts.

Does anyone have this setup? If you do have the setup how much fluid do you normally use? I am a novice when it comes to mechanical work, but I am trying to learn. I know that there are parts in the TC that have to be lubed and the level of fluid is how that is done. I am hoping that some experts can help me out. I also know that the Magnum only requires 1.5 qts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I am thinking, my fill plug is almost level with the bottom of the bearing in the rear cover, it just seems like that is not much fluid at all. The previous owner told me that he would fill the TC from the top vent hole, but never mentioned how much he would put in. I really don't want to burn up my TC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have seen that plate. Is it easy to install a sight tube in a 205? That seems like the best way to get the fluid level correct.

·
Premium Member
7,110 Posts
Search around for NP205 sight tube and there are a lot of different ways to do it. Pretty simple too. A couple push lock 90 degree fittings a piece of clear tube.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is exactly what I was looking for. I think a site tube would be fairly easy. Thank you all for the information, that helped a lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts