Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a '90 blazer 241 on my SAS'd NBS for p-drop and VSS with the rectangular front output. Im now switching back to a d-drop 241 out of a '94 1/2 ton with a circular front output.

The problem is that I want to use my Tom Wood shaft I already have for the rectangular output, along with the fact that the 94 output is 2-3" longer in length than the 90, which would result in a inreased shaft angle and possible clearence issues. I planned on just switching the flanges but i have realized that the shaft on the 94 is quite a bit longer than the 90, so I assume some of it would stick out, and that the other shaft wouldnt be long enough.

What can be done? Never really dove into a t-case. Thanks for the help, flame if you must. -Austin

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,986 Posts
:idea:
Swap the '90 shaft into the '94 'case.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How hard is that to do? Sorry, Ive never torn a case apart before.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
simple first you want to pull the yoke off then split the case i would do it with the tail facing down and then lift up the upper section and set it aside and thenlift up and remove the front out put shaft from the case and then the chain and do the same with the other and then reassemble

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds simple enough. Should I replace and crucial parts while I have it apart? Like the chain or other parts known for wearing out? Thanks

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,986 Posts
Check the shifter fork pads (little plastic tit on the shifter fork) while it's apart, they tend to wear out and cause problems shifting and staying in gear.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Will any Local auto parts places have these? I would assume not.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive decided to completely rebuild the case. The chain had more slack in it than I liked.

Now, should one bust out the coin for a SYE and new rear shaft? Im sure everyone will say yes, but what are the strength gains within a fixed yoke?

Thanks, Austin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts