Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 76 cj5 with a mopar EFI 360 and 727. I'm going to put a NP 435 out of a 77 dodge truck with a jeep dana 300. Looking for any info on a hydraulic clutch set up. I would prefere a hydraulic throw out bearing. I've burned up my last auto, I'm going manual.

·
Registered
63 Posts
hydraulic throw out bearing

Its not an easy fix when you blow one of the o rings in the hydraulic throwout bearing, especially when your on the trail, its better to go with an outside slave cyl at least they are easier to fix. i have lost three hydraulic bearings on mine i am changing over good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey 87jeepwrangler, do wranglers have hydraulic clutches origionaly? did you use that slave cylinder, or did you use the ford setup. If so what applications should I be lookiing for. I'm also curios if the dodge clutch fork is different, (ratios) than ford or chevy. I'll be pulling it out soon to do some measuring.

·
Premium Member
7,650 Posts
moparjeep said:
hey 87jeepwrangler, do wranglers have hydraulic clutches origionaly?
Yes

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
as otto man said, yes, some jeeps do have hydraulic cluthes. although i did re-use my clutch master cylinder, i used the chevy slave cylinder which went along with the 86' chevy external slave bell housing. sorry, but i dont know anything about the dodge's ratios, forks, etc. the chevy-jeep stuff just simply swapped directly. if you wanna see pics and a short write-up, check my website under the projects section.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts